Hawkes Bay

Old 03-18-2024, 08:29 AM
Veteran member
Default Hawkes Bay

What a shame …..just a few short months ago, Hawkes Bay was in nearly pristine condition after the recent rebuild.

The greens are for all practical purposes, unputtable . They are ALL full of large , sporadic green patches with dead and muddy surfaces in between these patches …there is no way in hell to keep a putt on its intended line !

Tee boxes are also in terrible shape .

The “El Nino” excuse is a bunch of BS as there are many other executive courses that are in decent shape …. Hill Top , Silver Lake , Amberwood and Oakleigh to name a few …..
Old 03-18-2024, 08:48 AM
Gold member

I don't remember Hawkes Bay being shutdown for a rebuild? At least not in the eight years that I have lived here. BTW Amberwood is getting shutdown for about 7 months for a upgrade and like what happened to Briarwood a few months ago.
Old 03-19-2024, 12:48 PM
Default Saddlebrook greens are the SAME as described for Hawkes Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
What a shame …..just a few short months ago, Hawkes Bay was in nearly pristine condition after the recent rebuild.

The greens are for all practical purposes, unputtable . They are ALL full of large , sporadic green patches with dead and muddy surfaces in between these patches …there is no way in hell to keep a putt on its intended line !

Tee boxes are also in terrible shape .

The “El Nino” excuse is a bunch of BS as there are many other executive courses that are in decent shape …. Hill Top , Silver Lake , Amberwood and Oakleigh to name a few …..
Plugged green with holes never properly filled and/or rolled. El Nino irrelevant to these two courses.

Almost one out of four (10 Courses of 42) CLOSED. (24% - do we get a deduction in Ammenity Fees!?)
Old 03-20-2024, 10:49 AM

10 out of 42 courses closed, but what about the others that are unplayable and are weed infested, greens & T-boxes are neglected, etc. WHO is responsible for maintaining the executive courses and what are their excuses?
Old 03-20-2024, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRICHARD View Post
10 out of 42 courses closed, but what about the others that are unplayable and are weed infested, greens & T-boxes are neglected, etc. WHO is responsible for maintaining the executive courses and what are their excuses?
Seems like El nino is their number one excuse
Old 03-21-2024, 07:37 AM

Due to the golf course problems here, who gets a big blame? Always fall on The Villages maintenance dept? or should have blamed on those who play golfing...? Most of us, The Villagers are stuck in paying full for monthly amenisty fees while we never golf there. Chas
Old 03-21-2024, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harby View Post
Due to the golf course problems here, who gets a big blame? Always fall on The Villages maintenance dept? or should have blamed on those who play golfing...? Most of us, The Villagers are stuck in paying full for monthly amenisty fees while we never golf there. Chas
The course condition issue clearly falls upon the contract companies hired by The Villages …… El Niño is CLEARLY not the cause !

Regarding our Amenity Fees……

I don’t play shuffleboard, pickleball, softball, tennis (etc, etc, etc…..) and I don’t use any of the pools …..

Yet, part of my amenity fee goes to help maintain those .

You don’t play golf , yet, part of your amenity fee goes towards maintenance of the executive courses …..

Suck it up , buttercup !!!

BTW, my wife and I never had any kids but have paid school taxes our entire life ! Thousands upon thousands of dollars to educate YOUR kids !!

Yep , we’ve “sucked it up “ LOL !

Tags
patches, hawkes, bay, shape, intended

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.