Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   How do we stop the addition of Pitch and Putt courses? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/how-do-we-stop-addition-pitch-putt-courses-338401/)

jimjamuser 01-23-2023 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2179028)
First of all, nobody "gleefully" yells "fore", it is usually the result of a pretty bad shot or perhaps bad judgement when it was hit.

Secondly, and here's a news flash, every century dozens of species go extinct and dozens of new species emerge. Just think what your cow fart, I mean burp scenario would be like if we still had mastodons and wooly mammoths:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Extinction and speciation are dynamic processes that have flourished for 3-4 billion years. Do you think we have the wisdom to do better than nature?

I am NOT trying to be insulting when I say this, BUT that last sentence has the term "RATIONALIZATION" written all over it.

jimjamuser 01-23-2023 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2179035)
I don't know if he does or doesn't, but I think he prefers to serve it on a re-used paper plate.:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Good memory.....I do sometimes wash my paper plates and reuse them once more. Just a thing that I do.

rsmurano 01-23-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geobar (Post 2178437)
Be Thankful "The Morse Clan" has given you a few activities South of CR-44.
As you well know by now living South of CR-44 definitely does not have the number of activities as up North. Do you?
Perhaps your Village Sales person did not tell you everything. For some reason, they are told WHAT TO SAY and what not to MENTION.
People will buy South of CR-44 and do not know what they are in for.
Just how many Publix stores do you have to shop in in the South?
Might you have more than one shopping center for how many people?
You need to drive North to Shop, and Dine, and to a Town Square overloading them. When they were designed it was for the number of homes being developed near them. Seems the Morse Clan does not care other than selling homes for huge profits.
Before buying South of CR-44 do yourself a favor and talk to Real Estate Brokers not affiliated with The Villages as there are many for thier views.

I wouldn’t buy north of 44 and it’s not because of the PNP courses. You can have all of that shopping mess/crowds, golf carts sharing north Morse rd, all that traffic at each roundabout/466/441, I don’t need it or want it. When I buy from sams I have it delivered so I don’t have to go north. 466 has some nice restaurants but I take the back way to get there. It’s faster for me to go to leesburg for dinner and you get a bigger selection of restaurants with less traffic than north of 44.
I can get to both Brownwood and Sumter by golf cart (with a lot of slow cart traffic) in 30 mins so I’m not that far away

Whitley 01-23-2023 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altavia (Post 2178370)
You're right, since there are now more people playing Pickleball than golf, those resources should be devoted to more Pickleball facilities.

Covered with lights would be really great.

You are correct. We need to start a mass mailin to change some of the pitch n put to pickleball.

golfing eagles 01-23-2023 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimjamuser (Post 2179043)
The "gleefully yelling FORE" was an exaggeration for EFFECT with a little HUMOROUS overtones thrown in for good measure. It IS not unusual for writers to "exaggerate for effect". Other posters have done that in other posts. Why would my humor be bad, but your humor is good? I don't see the logic?

Because I'm funnier than you?:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Bealman 01-23-2023 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyCooper (Post 2178407)
Such an odd take. It's not like The Villages invented the game for selfish reasons. Pitch N Putt is an internationally recognized game.

For those of us that moved to The Villages and have no golfing experience, we're finding the PNP's to be really enjoyable and helpful to ease us into the game.

I'll bet the same people complaining about the PNP's would be REALLY complaining if they had me in from of them on an executive course holding them up as I learn what the heck I'm doing.

Agree with you completely. The supposed "professional " golfers out there would be writing posts of slow people all the time if I was out on the regular courses. Prost!

Whitley 01-23-2023 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 2178913)
How do we get people to stop thinking that they are in charge of what a private business decides to do? How do we get people to realize that if they are no longer unhappy with the community in which they live, that they should consider doing the only thing that they have actual control over?

If they were no longer unhappy they would probably stay. Nothing wrong with petitioning the owners of a "private business". We are their clients after all.

jimjamuser 01-23-2023 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2179051)
Because I'm funnier than you?:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Cool......that's true.

villager4 01-23-2023 03:01 PM

The executive course are not revenue producing and take up space were homes can be built. You will not see many ,if any, new executive courses with the current management,

golfing eagles 01-23-2023 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villager4 (Post 2179069)
The executive course are not revenue producing and take up space were homes can be built. You will not see many ,if any, new executive courses with the current management,

Kind of a strange statement given the number of courses under construction and planned.

(4 posts in 12 years and that's the one chosen?)

Marathon Man 01-23-2023 04:43 PM

Another thread that triggers those that are worried about their property values in the north. The south is the modern, new design. Better, newer, and exciting with each new addition. Those that point out that the latest retirees are looking for more than just golf are absolutely correct.

jimjamuser 01-23-2023 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 2179095)
Another thread that triggers those that are worried about their property values in the north. The south is the modern, new design. Better, newer, and exciting with each new addition. Those that point out that the latest retirees are looking for more than just golf are absolutely correct.

I agree about the golf. It is becoming passe quite quickly.

fizzle 01-23-2023 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcurrie911 (Post 2178336)
Three pitch and putt courses south of 44. These courses are the last to get booked which is a clear indicator that they are least desirable for home owners. This activity of building non-desirable pitch and putt courses south of 44 continues to put pressure on executive courses north of 44. How do we stop this bad behavior? I sent a mail to villages.com but wonder if there is a better way.

Dan

Just played Richmond last week and found the greens much more challenging than any of the executive courses. Most of us need to work on our short game and walking 18 holes was an added bonus.

BrianL99 01-23-2023 06:06 PM

Quote:

Another thread that triggers those that are worried about their property values in the north. The south is the modern, new design. Better, newer, and exciting with each new addition.

Gets my vote, for funniest post of the new year.

Rainger99 01-23-2023 06:50 PM

Quote:

Those that point out that the latest retirees are looking for more than just golf are absolutely correct.

That may be true. Golf may not be that important for the younger people moving in down south but I have not seen a single advertisement for The Villages say “Free Walking Trails For Life.”