Longleaf

Old 03-20-2024, 01:21 PM
Veteran member
Default Longleaf

Here is another example of an executive course that is great shape !

The “El Nino” conspiracy theory must have bypassed this course !

Greens and tee boxes nearly perfect and a decent amount of grass around the greens to have a chance at a nice chip !

Overall, I would rate this one at about an 8 out of 10 …..

Took a shot of a couple of the greens …. They are all in pretty much the same shape .
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4713.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	103431   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4712.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	103432  
Old 03-21-2024, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post

Greens and tee boxes nearly perfect and a decent amount of grass around the greens to have a chance at a nice chip !

Took a shot of a couple of the greens …. They are all in pretty much the same shape .
Yes, Longleaf is better than most Executive courses although a few of the greens including the putting green are showing signs of deterioration.

I can’t figure out the logic behind placing the pin in the deteriorated part of the green when other areas of the green are in better condition. Example is hole #4. The center of the green is worn down, but both the upper and lower parts of the green are fine. I see this quite a bit on both Executive and Championship courses. Just because today is pin placement 2 doesn’t mean you have to put the hole in the worn part of the green. Management needs to teach common sense to the maintenance crews.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:53 AM

Longleaf is better than most executives *except for Mickylee). I play Longleaf weekly. A month ago, greens were pristine, flat-out incredible. They have deteriorated some over the last 30 days.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:29 PM

We played there last week. It was stunningly beautiful.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:53 AM
Default Longleaf experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post

The good conditions are primarily due to the attention to detail by the maintenance crew at Longleaf. About two weeks ago, while playing Hole #1, there were two maintenance workers with buckets and tools, removing, in-between groups, those small round plugs of whatever grass has been infesting greens in the Villages and filling the small divots they created with sand. It's the same weed that totally ruined Red Fox #1 just down the street.

Tags
greens, shape, rate, chip, longleaf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.