Marshview

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1040 View Post
Very bratty remark . Answer is $179 a month like we all pay, at least in newer homes south of 44.
You pay $179 just for pitch and putt golf? Seems pretty steep!!
Old 08-24-2022, 11:37 AM

Golf Central sells plastic tees for use on mats. Very simple round ball stands of various heights.
Old 09-07-2022, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardlyworking View Post
I’d rather have beginners learning their swing on the pitch and putts than out in the other courses clogging up the system.
Really? I live on a golf course and have opportunity to witness first hand the skill level of golfers. As a whole, I’d say 98% of them are beginners, a few intermediate…in house landscaping looking for their wayward balls, ball retrievers pulling balls out of water, clubs scouring the tall grass bushes looking for balls, etc. Ha! I love it….even saw a guy take his club and throw it into the marsh…wonder what he told his wife in order to replace it?? LOL 😂 😆
Old 09-07-2022, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyand View Post
Really? I live on a golf course and have opportunity to witness first hand the skill level of golfers. As a whole, I’d say 98% of them are beginners, a few intermediate…in house landscaping looking for their wayward balls, ball retrievers pulling balls out of water, clubs scouring the tall grass bushes looking for balls, etc. Ha! I love it….even saw a guy take his club and throw it into the marsh…wonder what he told his wife in order to replace it?? LOL 😂 😆
Yeah, really.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:26 AM

How much you pay was and is not the issue. The Villages boast about golf and the pitch and putts and they should be kept up to at least a playable condition. They are aweful and unputtable. But they are building some more. Take care of what is already in use.
Old 10-04-2022, 12:18 PM
Veteran member

I suspect that they've "downsized" their golf to pitch and putt and putt and play to use as much land as possible for profitable houses. Expect MiniGolf to be next.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
I suspect that they've "downsized" their golf to pitch and putt and putt and play to use as much land as possible for profitable houses. Expect MiniGolf to be next.
Well, considering they are building both... I doubt it...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-05-2022, 07:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Except for the two 18-hole courses that are planned. I suspect that they have not "downsized".
Old 10-05-2022, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Except for the two 18-hole courses that are planned. I suspect that they have not "downsized".
And don't forget the several new Executive courses either under construction or planned to be built...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-05-2022, 03:34 PM
Veteran member
Default Cuts

Quote:
Those “cuts” are from the Sandhill Cranes.
Sandhill cranes don't cut. They puncture. They're hired to aerate the courses. That is unless they are Chechen mafia sandhill cranes. Those birds carry switchblades and will cut your fairways soon as look at you.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Sandhill cranes don't cut. They puncture. They're hired to aerate the courses. That is unless they are Chechen mafia sandhill cranes. Those birds carry switchblades and will cut your fairways soon as look at you.
Duh, why do you think I put “cuts” in quotes?
Old 10-06-2022, 06:13 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
I’d rather have beginners learning their swing on the pitch and putts than out in the other courses clogging up the system.

Hackers pay amenity fees too.
Old 10-06-2022, 09:32 AM

So what? At least to hit the ball first on a pitch and putt and then get out on the executive courses like Sarasota.
Old 10-06-2022, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Lion View Post
Tried to play Marshview P&P. The conditions overall were very bad. The greens had not been cut or rolled for what appeared to be quite a while. Lumps of grass, and what appeared like someone had taken a knife and cut slices into the greens. The rough area was horrible, grass was way too high, again not cut. In the fairway portion of the hole the areas that had been cut there were piles of dead cut grass over what was grass. The mats were like trying to hit off concrete. Totally unacceptable. Probably worst course we have played.
Green rolled on a pitch and putt???????????

We're lucky if they roll the championship courses every other year

Welcome to the Villages.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyand View Post
I agree I’ve lived on 2 golf courses here and also at the Bay Hill Country Club in Orlando , people seem to show there true colors screaming at there wife’s and friends , hacking up the greens and yes throwing there clubs , even at Bay Hill a lot of bad golfers and quite rude , I ran into Arnold Palmer once after finishing a run, he said to me I see you running but I never see you playing golf , I told him I don’t play , he was silent for a minute and then said very smart a whole lot less frustration in your life to worry about lol
Closed Thread

Tags
cut, grass, marshview, appeared, greens

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.