Palmetto

Old 01-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Default Palmetto

I tried to search the archives. I know they closed last March for a time. What’s the story now? Will this reopen? We’re seasonal, so this is probably common knowledge for most. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2024, 07:08 AM
Veteran member

Good question. Silence has been the word!
Old 01-20-2024, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

The starter at Sweetgum told me that Palmento was closed to eliminate invasive grass around the greens.

It is supposed to reopen February 1.
Old 01-20-2024, 08:40 AM

Pursuant to this past weeks District.Org., weekly newsletter. Palmetto was closed to work on the aprons around the greens, until further notice. Unfortunately Palmetto takes a severe beating during snowbird season, because it has two par 4’s and gets a lot damage. Closing this time year (dormant growth) season , will allow the greens and aprons the time needed to optimize their conditions for future use. It is surprising to see many executive courses closed now. The Villages usually waits until after snowbird season to close them. Personally I applaud their foresight in the need to preserve the damaged course from ultimate ruins from over play during season.
Old 01-20-2024, 03:23 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

They have had problems with the greens at Palmetto, Mangrove, and Sweetgum since they opened. I played both Mangrove and Sweetgum this week and the greens were better than most of the execs for what it’s worth.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berferful View Post
I tried to search the archives. I know they closed last March for a time. What’s the story now? Will this reopen? We’re seasonal, so this is probably common knowledge for most. Thanks.
They close it EVERY year in the fall. Always some reason. This year was to repair bunkers. I have NEVER seen anyone working there.

Tags
palmetto, knowledge, common, seasonal, we’re

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.