Request to Post Plugged Greens

Old 04-20-2024, 07:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Coleprice fix your 3 duplicate posts.

Back to the subject... played Sweetgum yesterday and the greens were good as they have been for the last fee months. Palmetto and Mangrove not so much. Palmetto has been closed twice in the last year for months at a time and the greens are still terrible. If you want to play golf please bend over and fix the ball marks and sand your divots.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:09 AM
Veteran member

Anyone notice that according to “the schedule” , aerification is not due to start for that course UNTIL TOMORROW !!

So, even if the OP had checked , he would have been misled into believing that everything was honky dory !

Oh, and notice the highlighted message on the bottom left corner of the document……. It says , “Subject to Change” …..

Last edited by jarodrig; 04-20-2024 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 04-20-2024, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,299 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Just checked, the schedule for the Champs comes up but an error message comes up when trying to open up the schedule for the Executives.
Weird... It worked when I checked yesterday...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-20-2024, 10:41 AM
Default Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by randykw View Post
Cool. Printed me one up. Noticed that it says Mickeylee was done less than two weeks ago. The greens looked essentially perfect yesterday. Can they really heal that quickly??

Did notice some aerification "healing holes" (guess they're no longer "holes") along some of the pathways between holes. Counterintuitively - at least to me - those "spots" were much greener than the surrounding "not green" path turf. I'm too simple-minded to find a means of having that make sense.

Another question about the Mickeylee greens. I hit the ball (too) high and use balls that tend to stop near their ball marks. Saw zero ball marks there yesterday - repaired or otherwise. What's up with that? I realize that I've made similar inquiries previously. :-)
Old 04-20-2024, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Perhaps part of the efforts to correct poor conditions.
Sanding does not mean they were core aeration that is shown in the schedule for May-Sep. In order to keep greens in good condition, they may "pencil punch" or verti-cut and then dust they with a top dressing. Neither of these should create problems with your play, other than the top dressing will tend to grab chips a little. The core aeration is when a chunk of turf almost the size of a quarter and an inch or so deep is removed and then top dressed heavily and brushed to fill the holes with the top dressing. The remaining core holes could affect your putting somewhat (bumpy and possible affect the line). Core aerated greens are then rolled to smooth out the surface for putting. I don' t know what was applied to Sweatgum or the course you saw, but I expect they were not core aerated yet.
Old 04-21-2024, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntlblok View Post
Cool. Printed me one up. Noticed that it says Mickeylee was done less than two weeks ago. The greens looked essentially perfect yesterday. Can they really heal that quickly??

Another question about the Mickeylee greens. I hit the ball (too) high and use balls that tend to stop near their ball marks. Saw zero ball marks there yesterday - repaired or otherwise. What's up with that? I realize that I've made similar inquiries previously. :-)
I noticed that when I played Richmond & Mickeylee P&P last month. I played Mira Mesa, Apr. 20, and we were dropping balls straight down on the greens, and not ONE ball mark. And we were the first group with dew wet greens.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:39 PM
Default Correct Answer here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleprice View Post
The Executive Leadership employed by The Villages who is responsible for Golf Course Management should be FIRED! Their replacement(s) will (1) Make necessary Organizational Changes, (2) Establish Priorities and (3) Direct & Empower those responsible for maintaining Golf Courses in good, playable condition. Some Executive Golf Courses are in great shape, which demonstrates that with the right leadership, golf course conditions can be properly maintained within the current budget. Of course, those of us playing the courses need to do our part by fixing divots and ball marks.

100% Accurate - thank you!!

Tags
greens, closed, courses, sufficient, maintenacne

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.