Sandhill Exec

Old 05-15-2024, 03:43 PM
Veteran member
Default Sandhill Exec

It’s been a LONG time since I played Sandhill so getting the opportunity today was great .

The Villages rates this course a B - but I don’t necessarily agree.

Most of the greens were in good shape even though some had the usual disease damage seen on other courses.

However , MOST of the tee boxes were in deplorable condition !! Mowed down to nothing but mud ….

The rest of the course was good with grass around the greens where you could chip from.

Here are a few pics of what I saw.

Overall , a C + would be a fair rating….

PS- We beat <most> of the rain !
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5041.jpg
Views:	980
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	104125   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5040.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	104126   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5039.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	104127   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5038.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	104128  
Old 05-16-2024, 07:52 AM

Played it yesterday after the rain and there were a LOT of ball marks that needed to be fixed on every green. Can't blame the missing snowbirds for that.
Old 05-19-2024, 07:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,223 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
Played it yesterday after the rain and there were a LOT of ball marks that needed to be fixed on every green. Can't blame the missing snowbirds for that.
That seems to be the norm on most execs. I guess you can't fix lazy. I try to fix at least three a hole and most of the time the first one ain't mine.
Old 05-23-2024, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
That seems to be the norm on most execs. I guess you can't fix lazy. I try to fix at least three a hole and most of the time the first one ain't mine.
I am a starter/ambassador on Exec courses. Green indentations are not all ballmarks. People use their putter as a cane on the greens.
Their weight causes marks that they are not aware of. I tell them but I’m sure it goes in one ear and out the other
Old 05-23-2024, 11:44 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,776 Times in 765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Agree ! I wish I was of the caliber to make ball marks, but regardless, I too fix at least 3 while standing on any green and none are mine. Once I was STUNNED that as I was on my way to the next hole and an ambassador came up top me, said he'd been observing me, and gave me a little "certificate" of thanks ! I still have it, and I still repair marks when waiting to putt, but I sure don't see that all of us who do that as a habit are making any headway ! For each one I fit, it seems like wack-a-mole, four others pop up !
Old 05-23-2024, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbnick View Post
I am a starter/ambassador on Exec courses. Green indentations are not all ballmarks. People use their putter as a cane on the greens.
Their weight causes marks that they are not aware of. I tell them but I’m sure it goes in one ear and out the other
Ball marks? Living on an executive course par 3, we have kept some stats on how many golfers end up on the green. It’s about 12% and most of those roll on to the green. Extremely few hit with high enough arc to leave much of a ball mark.

Tags
sandhill, good, greens, beat, mowed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.