Silver Lake and Briarwood courses

Old 03-08-2024, 08:48 AM
Veteran member
Default Silver Lake and Briarwood courses

Played Briarwood yesterday and Silver Lake the day before.

They are in great condition. Greens are as good as any I’ve seen , executive or Championship courses.

In fact , better than MANY of the championships.

There is very little “hardpan” areas common to many of the other courses . Make’s chipping from just off the greens possible.

There are many, many courses throughout The Villages that are in great shape . All of the executive courses south of 44 are in good shape.

So, the Administration's excuse that El Niño is the cause of poor course conditions IS TOTAL BS !!
Old 03-08-2024, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
Played Briarwood yesterday and Silver Lake the day before.

They are in great condition. Greens are as good as any I’ve seen , executive or Championship courses.

In fact , better than MANY of the championships.

There is very little “hardpan” areas common to many of the other courses . Make’s chipping from just off the greens possible.

There are many, many courses throughout The Villages that are in great shape . All of the executive courses south of 44 are in good shape.

So, the Administration's excuse that El Niño is the cause of poor course conditions IS TOTAL BS !!
Agree, played Briarwood yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised by the conditions. The greens were better than the current conditions on at least three of the Championship courses.

Tags
courses, great, greens, good, shape

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.