TARPON BOIL Executive Course Condition

Old 02-18-2024, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Sanding spiking, etc. is part of regular maintenance.
Whether the course should be closed during the work is another question.
Sanding Spiking ??? NO ITS CALL PAINTING SAND!!! Close the course and get it fixed!!
Old 02-18-2024, 03:33 PM

We should get a protest started Down in the New section where they are selling the NEW HOMES.. Do that for a week and you will see results. Protest, Protest, Protest!!! If you don’t do something about it, Nothing will be done ✅
Old 02-18-2024, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
We should get a protest started Down in the New section where they are selling the NEW HOMES.. Do that for a week and you will see results. Protest, Protest, Protest!!! If you don’t do something about it, Nothing will be done ✅
You are probably right? You get it organized, and if I have no medical conflicts I'll bring a chair and sit in support. Keep us informed here.
Old 02-18-2024, 05:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
It is a real Catch-22 For the executive courses this time of year. There is tremendous pressure for tee times with the added population, and closing courses would lead to people screaming. It is not the growing season, and it takes a very long time to rejuvenate a green this time of year, so people scream about that, too. My belief is that many of these courses are being kept open simply to satisfy the demand for tee times. I look for many of them to be closed in the spring in order to properly rehab the greens.
Yet they keep building homes.........You can clearly see where the priority is
Old 02-18-2024, 07:10 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

I noticed that you posted the same pics and diatribe on the other site. In the future, I would suggest not posting your wife's pic on that site.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
“why aren't there picket lines at the CDD offices and people withholding their Amenity fee? Why all the complaining, but a lack of action on behalf of the "tax (fee) paying public"?
Try that and see how that works out for those who participate.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
So tell everyone when your group starts that so we can see how everyone failed at the end of the day, week, month, year - any amount of time your group wants to waste.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Try that and see how that works out for those who participate.
I don't play Executives, so it's not my battle.

That said, I don't understand why no one is doing anything about the conditions, if they're truly as bad as folks say.

At some level, don't the CDD's have to be responsive to the needs/wants of their constituency? In a normal government/resident structure, wouldn't the residents/taxpayers try to do something about it, rather than just complain?
Old 02-18-2024, 09:31 PM
Sage

Just a reminder. This is the time of year that the courses are under the most stress. Massive influx of players using the courses all day, every day. Excessive wear and tear and, being that this is also the time of year when grass, among othe things, is dormant, there will be no recovery until the birds have headed north again. It will take all of spring and summer to try and get things ready for the next season migrating hoards. When autumn comes and things go dormant and the first arrivals begin to swell the ranks of golfers, the courses that have mostly just recovered, will again be under duress and unable to fill in bare patches. The complaint cycle will be complete for another year.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Just a reminder. This is the time of year that the courses are under the most stress. Massive influx of players using the courses all day, every day. Excessive wear and tear and, being that this is also the time of year when grass, among othe things, is dormant, there will be no recovery until the birds have headed north again. It will take all of spring and summer to try and get things ready for the next season migrating hoards. When autumn comes and things go dormant and the first arrivals begin to swell the ranks of golfers, the courses that have mostly just recovered, will again be under duress and unable to fill in bare patches. The complaint cycle will be complete for another year.
I disagree. We played that course and Redfish 2 weeks ago. The greens were the worst I've seen...anywhere. More bare spots than grass.

It's not from too much wear and tear. It's beyond that, something has infected those greens and they need redone.
The starter even told us "don't try to putt, just take 2 strokes and move on".
That said, I played Palmetto last week and the greens were very good and it gets just as much use.

Bottom line, they need to fix those greens.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hamilton View Post
My wife and I played golf on Tarpon Boil Executive golf course yesterday and the course was horrific. EVERY GREEN were like the pictures attached. Whoever is in charge of making the decision if a course should be open, should be replaced. Better yet, make them waste 2 hrs of their day trying to putt on them, and then remove them. They should be ashamed. I was told from a fellow golfer playing that the sister course RedFish Run was just as bad. What's going on here in the villages? It's so sad.
That ain't sanding and regular care, that is AWFUL! There is a person Ken Roshaven in systems at administration that is in charge of golf schedules. Perhaps start there to direct complaints...
Old 02-19-2024, 09:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX rider View Post
I disagree. We played that course and Redfish 2 weeks ago. The greens were the worst I've seen...anywhere. More bare spots than grass.

It's not from too much wear and tear. It's beyond that, something has infected those greens and they need redone.
That said, I played Palmetto last week and the greens were very good and it gets just as much use.

How? How soon would you expect improvement to "good".? My point is, short of total replacement, it will take time. Either way, the course should be closed.
For the starter to tell you "take two" is telling me, he advocate cheating. In my case, it would improve my game.
Old 02-19-2024, 10:16 AM
Default Course Conditions

You can look up schedule of airation and sanding on Villages golf site. Avoid for 2 weeks after. They need to do this annually.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS RAY View Post
You can look up schedule of airation and sanding on Villages golf site. Avoid for 2 weeks after. They need to do this annually.
Avoid for two weeks should translate as, course closed! Keep everyone off until it recovers. Or, bring on the artificial turf. (Nah! Me neither.)
Old 02-19-2024, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX rider View Post

Palmetto has been closed more than open the past year for the same reasons. The down time enabled them to correct the issue.

Tags
tarpon, boil, golf, executive, ashamed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.