beginner golf league?

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Can you please let the rest of us know when and where you're playing?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Default Beginners Golf

I would like to golf with ladies who have just learned the game or simply just want to go out in have fun on the course. If you live near Sanibel or Gilchrest area let me know.

Marcia
Old 09-09-2013, 09:39 AM

I would also be interested, I used to golf more often, have never been very good and now I haven't golfed for over 2 years and I am terrible and a little nervous about hitting the courses until I get better. I would love to join you but will not be there until late December however
Old 09-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Veteran member

I, too, would be interested playing with those with little experience who just want to go out and have fun. Unfortunately, I will not be there until the beginning of November.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motrmom View Post
anyone know where a beginner golfer, can find other beginners to play with. It is so intimidating to get on a course, with two men as your foursome! Would love to play with a couple of other beginner women, until I get better.
I am new to golf and would love to find some ladies to play with.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Platinum member

Did anyone respond or get together to play as a result of this thread? I have reduced my work schedule and would like to play more and am essentially a beginner.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

will be down in mid october...will pm to see who is available
Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 PM

I have only played twice and would love someone to play with who is new also. Sounds like there are enough people for us all to play with no matter when we are available. Maybe we could set a date and time for everyone to meet for lunch or something and we could all get to know each other and see when we would like to play.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:23 AM
Platinum member

I may be interested as well...played a little with my son when he was learning but he was so competitive it wasn't fun...I might like it playing with people my own (lack of) skill level
Old 09-10-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
I have only played twice and would love someone to play with who is new also. Sounds like there are enough people for us all to play with no matter when we are available. Maybe we could set a date and time for everyone to meet for lunch or something and we could all get to know each other and see when we would like to play.
I'm a full time resident in Amelia and would love to get out and golf more. PM me and let me know if and when a meeting is arranged. Great idea!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I volunteer to play with ladies who are just beginning. It is a very good idea to have one experienced golfer with the group who is patient and helpful and fun and will help keep the group moving at the pace of play.

That does mean that new golfers may have to pick up the ball after double par and learn where to park their carts and to quickly walk off the green and chat at the next tee.

There is a free orientation course given somewhere at some rec centers that teaches you the way golf is done, which does emphasize the etiquette of golf and how to play as a beginner, have fun and keep up with the group ahead of you.

No new golfer wants to be rushed, but it is a fact of life. We have all been new. You can have fun and keep moving.

I am available anytime . I am not mean.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-10-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I volunteer to play with ladies who are just beginning. It is a very good idea to have one experienced golfer with the group who is patient and helpful and fun and will help keep the group moving at the pace of play.

That does mean that new golfers may have to pick up the ball after double par and learn where to park their carts and to quickly walk off the green and chat at the next tee.

There is a free orientation course given somewhere at some rec centers that teaches you the way golf is done, which does emphasize the etiquette of golf and how to play as a beginner, have fun and keep up with the group ahead of you.

No new golfer wants to be rushed, but it is a fact of life. We have all been new. You can have fun and keep moving.

I am available anytime . I am not mean.
I used to run a Par-3 League for General Mills when I was working there and you are correct, as important as it is to learn how to hit the ball, knowing basic golf etiquette and keeping the pace of the game going is also important and an essential part of learning the game.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Platinum member

First off, let me say that I will not be playing with you ladies. However, I believe that you will do yourself and others a great service if you take lessons before you go out and try to play golf. My wife and I never picked up a club before we moved here and never planned to either. After we saw everyone out having fun and socializing, we decided to give it a shot. We took a lesson or two, bought a relatively inexpensive set of clubs and continued to take lessons. We took lessons for about 2 or 3 months before we ever went out to play. My wife was still too self conscious to try, so she still took lessons and we went to the driving range several times a week. We are still taking lessons, but we are also getting out and playing. My wife is way better than most people that have only been laying for a year and a half and I believe that is because of the lessons and going to the driving range. We are now playing 2-3 times a week.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 09-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Sage

I will be arriving in TV in mid November. I am volunteering to keep track of the names of all the late arrivals to TV, and I will contact you all. (If you wish, you can PM me your email address and your Village. If not, I'll contact you by PM.). If you don't hear from me in November, please rattle my chain. My hope is to set up a regular AFTERNOON game on a weekly basis with women who are new to golf, but have some idea of the basics. Perhaps we can have more than one foursome.

Myself, I took lessons at Palmers, and then didn't play for a year, so promptly forgot most of what I learned. Last year I golfed a few times, so I know the basics, and how to play ready ball and keep up the pace. I play for fun only, and for fresh air and exercise. I'm not athletic and I had a knee replacement in July, so I can assure you this will be basic fun golf, nothing more challenging. I thought we could start off playing easy courses and see how we like it.

Looking forward to some fun golf this winter!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:32 PM

Would love to get in on this.... Just starting as well. Returning to TV Dec 28th.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.