Beginner Golf League Ladies

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2015, 07:42 PM

Ladies,

I began this thread and unfortunately, literally the next day after my posting I had a tremendously bad fall here in MI. I tripped on some uneven pavement broke my upper arm and tore my rotator cuff. I've had surgery however, my recovery will be long. I won't be up to golf in October. It's my first full fall/winter in TV and my planned activity list is now very short. I hope someone puts this group together it has the potential for fun and friendship! If this group does come together, don't be surprised if I try to "squeeze" in when I'm back to "normal".

I'm refusing to feel sorry for myself as it could have been alot worse. I'm looking forward to coming to TV and meeting new people and exploring the activities that I'm able to do. Thanks for all your responses!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:55 PM

I am interested as well. My name is Tina. Keep me in mind as well. I live in Gilchrist
Old 08-19-2015, 08:39 PM

Make a contact with me when you decide to start playing. I live in Pinellas.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:57 PM

Count me in! I have never been on a course, but have taken a few beginner lessons and am looking forward to sharing the "joy". Should be a hoot.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:10 AM

I'd like to join in.

I've taken the beginner golf lessons and have played a few times, but I'm still very much a beginner.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:22 AM

Hi Scorpiosquared... I'm also a Scorpio so we will either love or hate each other!

We are moving to TV in late October and I would absolutely love to play with another anxious beginner. I'm determined to learn but am new to the game and frankly have been afraid to play up north where people seem frustrated if you are slow. The fact that there are golf courses here specifically for newbies is amazing and takes away a lot of the pressure. I'm looking for a relaxing way to get outside regularly and play with other nice "chicks with sticks". How do we stay in touch... befriend?
Old 08-25-2015, 01:35 PM

I am also new to LaBelle and will be there late September. We should post notice at mail station to see what kind of interest there is. I bet a lot
Old 08-25-2015, 05:45 PM

I am a full time resident and would love to get together with other beginners to play! I took some semi-private lessons and I used to play YEARS ago. If anyone is interested in playing, please let me know. I look forward to meeting some new friends as I'm relatively new to the Villages. My name is also Tina.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:20 PM

I would love to be part of a group of new to golf gals. I live in collier and will be back September 30 and will be in town until late May. I went to golf school at Palmer Ledgends last winter and have played some rounds in TV. Please keep me in the loop.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioSquared View Post
Ladies,

I began this thread and unfortunately, literally the next day after my posting I had a tremendously bad fall here in MI. I tripped on some uneven pavement broke my upper arm and tore my rotator cuff. I've had surgery however, my recovery will be long. I won't be up to golf in October. It's my first full fall/winter in TV and my planned activity list is now very short. I hope someone puts this group together it has the potential for fun and friendship! If this group does come together, don't be surprised if I try to "squeeze" in when I'm back to "normal".

I'm refusing to feel sorry for myself as it could have been alot worse. I'm looking forward to coming to TV and meeting new people and exploring the activities that I'm able to do. Thanks for all your responses!
OMG! ScorpioSquared,
I am so sorry to read of your accident. Please take care of yourself and if I can be of any help to you when you arrive, please let me know.
Tootsies Mom (Bobbie)
Old 08-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Gold member

ScorpioSquared,
Your accident and subsequent surgery sounds dreadful! Please take it easy and let you body heal. Golf will still be here when you are ready to play!

I finished the "new to golf school" on Friday. The instruction was good regarding technique and hand placement etc. But we had very limited time with a club actually in our hands. We only used 4 clubs, so I still have lots to learn.

I was under the impression that we would have the clubs for the week in order to practice in the afternoons, but that is not the case. That was very disappointing to me. I would have liked to practice what I was taught each day.

Once the course is over we have access to "demo clubs" for 30 days. I went to get my demo clubs today and they gave me 4 clubs (5 wood, 7 iron, Putter, Pitching wedge) and the bag. No driver. Oh, well.....

My hubby took me out to play my first round today. I was pathetic. But I can get out of the bunkers well....that is the one bright spot.

Lots of room to improve....that's for sure.

I am certainly interested in a newbie ladies group. PM me with info ladies, please!
Old 08-26-2015, 09:14 AM

Hi I live in Gilchrist too and I would love to learn to play golf. I have taken the week course at Palmer but am a dismal player...lol...looking to join other "novices".
Old 08-26-2015, 09:43 AM

Keep me in mind.Live in ColliEr. Be bacK End of sept.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:16 AM

Thank you Dotti...it's a slow process. I hope you ladies get this going. My attitude with golf as I'm not good.... ego can't get in my way or being embarrassed. I just keep trying.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:59 AM

There are many groups for beginners. I personally run one on Thursdays toward late day or early evening. The group runs from the second week of July to May or June depending on weather. You can join the group no matter were you live in the villages. Male or female, single or couples. The group plays from the green tees. We have games on the course to improve your golf skills. All you need to learn is the village rules of golf. Which is free from any golf course in the villages. My email is (gerrijerry@aol.com) . You will need to provide village ID, a phone number and an email to join. Each week you would receive an email with where we are playing and when. After golf many go to eat out. You do not need to keep score. There is NO cost to join.
Closed Thread

Tags
beginner, playing, interested, golf, apprehension, feeling, jump, attending, plan, tvs, class, etiquette, played, increase, learn, improve, 22yikeswill, ago, years, topic, thread, ladies, league, previous, closed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.