Best product for frizzy hair??

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Default Best product for frizzy hair??

If any of you has frizzy hair like me, you know what this weather does to it! Any suggestions to help make the best of the frizz situation? BTW if it makes any difference, mine is very fine baby hair, and bleached. I've tried several leave-in conditioners, Infusium23 Frizz Control, & Fructis Melting Masque for over-processed, damaged hair, and others.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Default Re: Best product for frizzy hair??

Hi PJ,
My daughter, who has fine but curly hair, told me about a book called Curly Girl. Even if your hair is straight, I think it would help to check it out regarding the frizzies.
For instance, I was complaining to her about my dry, coarse hair and how it never seemed to feel smooth and was always frizzy, and she said that she cut back significantly on shampooing as, according to the book, this is the prime culprit of the frizzies.
I dilute a very gentle shampoo now which I use once or twice a week - the other 6 days I massage my scalp under running water in the shower (as the book suggests) and apply a little leave-in conditioner with a sunscreen (my hair is dry from coloring, too).
Within 3 weeks there was a big difference in the texture of my hair, and reduction of frizzies.
Not sure if this would work for your type hair, and I still occasionally have those little frizzes, but not as bad as they used to be.
Good luck and let me know if you come across any other suggestions!
Travel
Old 07-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Sage
Default Re: Best product for frizzy hair??

PJ & Travel,

I am the queen of frizzy hair, in fact I dont have hair just frizz! My daughter-in law is a hairdresser and she has tried many many different products on my hair. Nothing ever helps for long.

I started using a no lye relaxer on my hair many years ago(thats after I stopped ironing it).This is the only thing that seems to relax and make my hair look like hair again plus it makes it shiney and silky looking. I cant help but wonder how damaging this must be to my hair. It also lasts about 6-8 weeks.
Thankyou for letting me know that there is a book out for frizzy headed girls, and Ill be anxious to try the no-shampoo trick.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.