brown age spots

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post
I had posted on the feminine formum and a gentlemen posted saying the women in his family wiped the inside of a banana peel on their skin. Well I did it and you know what it felt really good. And what did it cost me a banana.
Oceangirl, do the banana peels remove the brown spots from your face? If so, do we use green bananas or do we use bananas with brown spots?
Going to Sweetbay for bananas,
Spotty Judy
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Back to the eyelid surgery, for just a minute, if I may...I met with Dr. Warren at Ocala Eye for an exam. He determined I could benefit from the surgery. I have BCBS, but I have a very large deductable, so I would be paying out of pocket.

When I asked Dr. Warren about the cost, he said he didn't know. He told me how much he, personally, makes from the surgery, and it was quite reasonable. He couldn't tell me how much for the facility and all the other things associated with any surgery. He said a lady from his Ocala office would call and I could discuss that with her.

She called this morning to schedule the surgery. I asked her about the cost, and she said she didn't know....she would have to check with the business office and would call me back.

Aside from the fact that I find this extremely odd....I mean, this is what Dr. Warren DOES! He told me he has done over 1500 of this particular surgery, yet he can't even give me an idea how much it costs???? And the person who works in the office doesn't know either? So, if anyone out there doesn't mind sharing, can you tell me how much you paid for the procedure, if your insurance did not cover it?

For the record, I was very comfortable with Dr. Warren to do the surgery.

Thanks for any input.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:00 AM
Default brown age spots

Hi Ladies,

I bought Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector which cost about $16 a tube. I wouldn't say it got rid of my dark spots, however, it lighten them up which is what I was looking for. So I am really pleased.

Even with trying the more expensive brands such as Clinque and Estee Lauder I like Garnier the best. You have to use these creams over a 12 week period before you can begin to see any improvements. After 4 weeks of using Garnier I saw a difference in my fair skin tone. I use a sunscreen SPF 30 when I am out in the sun.

What also helps hid my brown spots on my face is not just regular makeup but I bought Laura Geller tinted Spackle under make-up primer. It really makes the difference and keeps your regular makeup on up to 8 hours. I bought Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish.

Patti
Old 12-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Gold member

I had the dermatologist freeze an age spot off my face a few years back. But I think I may have just made a great discovery. I'll tell you about the age spots a little later in the post, but let me tell you about my face first. A couple of weeks ago I bought Argon Oil. I was hoping it would make my face feel soft. I was surprised when I noticed on day 2 a difference in the marionette lines and nasolabial lines. At first I used 3 drops out of the bottle straight, but it was too greasy. I then started mixing it with whatever moisturizer I am applying. I add two drops. But back to the age spots. I have a couple of age spots on my hand that bother me. I've tried some things that didn't work at all. Since using the Argon Oil, sometimes I have some left over in my hand after applying it to my face. So I just used it like hand lotion.....rubbing into my hands. I probably only did this two times....possibly three. I noticed that the one age spot on my hand has diminished greatly. The big one I'm not sure about. Today while reading the posts about age spots is when I first looked down at my hand and noticed this. I am going to have to try to religiously apply it to those spots and see what happens. I just did a search on-line and it mentioned that it is good for age spots. I'm pleased with the improvement I have seen because I sure wasn't expecting it.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:19 PM

Over the counter age spot creams do not work. The brand of hydroquinone that works is Lustra AF. The AF has a sunscreen. This requires a prescription. I have used it with no problems with sunburn or any other kind. I buy mine through a Canadian pharmacy to reduce the cost and at one time Canada did not require a prescription. It may take a couple of tubes. I am ready to order one as it has been several years and I have new spots. I spot treat areas on my face and neck and this time will put some on the backs of my hands. The spots that I previously treated were greatly diminished but they were not completely faded. It works well enough that I am ready to reorder. Good luck
Old 02-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas
Default Dark spots, wrinkles, lines and all the stuff we hate

I am a nurse practitioner and have worked in plastic surgery for the last 20 years. I am licensed in Michigan AND now Florida. I can discuss strategies of aging with anyone interested. I have a tremendous amount of experience, so send me a PM and we'll take it from there.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 02-07-2014, 06:19 PM

You girls are so funny!!! My mom is still going strong at 86. Yes, she has wrinkles and spots and other things I hope I never get. She hates looking at an old lady in the mirror. I keep telling her she is beautiful and thank G-d alive. I feel that we earn our age spots and wrinkles and droops. With all that comes the wisdom I didn't have as a young no spot, wrinkle, droop girl! Oh and please let me know when the miracle cure comes out, I will be on line.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:15 AM

I have had brown spots and broken capillaries removed from my face with laser. The brown spots sometimes need more than one treatment.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:23 AM

What I know works for me for age/brown spots is prescription strength hydroquinone, brand name Lustra AF. The AF formula contains a sunblock. Fading the spots takes a few weeks and mine were reduced by half. I am ready to purchase another tube as it has been awhile since I last used it. I had no problems with it at all. I buy mine from Canada cutting the price in half. I found a phone number for a local Canadian Meds on US 441. 352-633-3301. I haven't called them about Lustra and previously ordered online faxing in a prescription. Good luck
Old 02-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

I use No7 Lift & Luminate Dark Spot Corrector

You can buy it a Super Target. Have been using this since July last year, with amazing results!! Had a few dark spots on the back of my left hand, I now have 2 very pale marks, more on right hand but going. The marks on my face have almost gone. It costs £19.50 sterling, but it is cheaper in
US $ I stock up on ALL my No. 7 products when I am in the villages.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Sage

///

Last edited by kittygilchrist; 02-08-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:03 PM

I just noted Suzi's response.. I highly recommend her! She can do private consultation in your home and has the medical expertise to back up her suggestions!
Old 05-31-2014, 06:38 AM

Started to notice the spots after I moved here. Always used 30+ sun lotion. Still spots. Started driving with gloves with SPF of 50, spots are fading nicely. At least for no ;-)
Old 05-31-2014, 07:16 AM
Sage
Default Age spots gone!

All my age spots are gone. My skin is softer, brighter and silky. I do it internally. PM me and I will tell you about it. Not expensive and age spots are gone from my arms as well as my face.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:34 PM

After a car trip vacation I noticed the left side ( passenger side) of my face had darkened spots! I began using Retinol every night. My friends noticed that the spots had lightened up over a few days.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.