Cosmetic Surgery

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Veteran member
Default Cosmetic Surgery

: Sure, it's a vanity thing but I'll admit to having my nose "fixed" when I was 16 or 17 years old. Now when I look in the mirror I wonder if my life would be any different if I had a teeny-weeny little facelift. At my age, I dunno :dontknow:

Has anyone had any nip-tucks done locally? Would you consider it? C'mon.... 'fess up
Old 06-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Cosmetic Surgery

I don't have anything to fess up! No nips, no tucks, no lifts, no fake bits (sp.?).... Au natural is what ya get here! Every bump, lump, sag and wrinkle is testament to a life well lived, and my hub agrees. We love me just as I am! There are risks to every procedure and I'm not taking any! My personal opinion only!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Sage

Coney, who takes all your pics? You have new ones all the time.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Veteran member

I had a breast reduction 3 yrs. ago. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. I had backaches everyday, some so bad that they went up my neck and I had headaches as well. Haven't had a backache since!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Veteran member

samhass........ photography is a small hobby of mine and I have a zillion pics on my hard drive; I try to change them often ;D
Old 06-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Sage

The garden is beautiful.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Veteran member

thanks samhass...... you can see some more lovely pics of my property on picturetrail.com and my member name is rosejolie.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 AM
Sage

No nips and tucks yet. Obviously! But I'm not opposed to it. I have to admit to being too afraid of surgery. I'm a free spirit. If it feels good, do it! I have to admit the Botox plastic faces turn me off though. Don't know why people think they look good when they can't smile. Smiling lights up a room and lightens the heart.

When I was gloomy, my mother used to say "Don't frown, you never know who's falling in love with your smile." I used to love that. ;D
Old 06-27-2008, 05:30 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I worked too hard to get to this age to try to hide it. So, no plastic surgery for me. I had considered lipo at one time -- 99 lbs and a paunch just didn't make sense. Since then, I've decided I'm stuck with my gut, especially since the stomach muscles have been seriously cut into and no amount of lipo is gonna help that, anyway.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
No nips and tucks yet. Obviously! But I'm not opposed to it. I have to admit to being too afraid of surgery. I'm a free spirit. If it feels good, do it! I have to admit the Botox plastic faces turn me off though. Don't know why people think they look good when they can't smile. Smiling lights up a room and lightens the heart.

When I was gloomy, my mother used to say "Don't frown, you never know who's falling in love with your smile." I used to love that. ;D
Chels,

I just love that quote from your mom. I think I will probably always remember it too!

Im with ya on the cosmetic surgery. Would love some but scared to death. The older I get the more I dont want any procedures on my body. Dont want doctors poking & prodding at anything. Just leave me the heck alone!!!!!

But, If a little tuck or lift makes a person feel better and have more confidence in themselves , I feel its well worth it. Just have to get up some nerve here. If you do it Ill do it! LOL
Kinda like girls having to go to the bathroom together in public hu? Whats up with that?LOL

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Gold member

I have very heavy eyelids and I will eventually get those nipped. I recently saw my eye doctor and he said I was borderline for what the insurance companies consider a necessary medical procedure. He expects I will "need" the surgery in a couple of years.

That will be my only nip..the rest of me is what and who I am...take it or leave it.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Sage

Beady, we will definitely take it!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Veteran member

I'd love to have a cute little tush again, but a nip and a tuck wouldn't do it. I'd need to have the big earth movers come in! But maybe my spider veins will disappear one day with a little help.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 06-27-2008, 02:34 PM

Chels, I love what your Mom said, I will remember that.

AL, I also would love to have my fallen butt up where it belongs, but fear will stop me I am sure. My face could surely use some work, but that scares me more than my fallen butt issue. I did try Obagi, and I really think it helped the look of my skin---that is after I stopped looking like a peeling freak.

See you all in August,
scaredy cat blondie
Old 06-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

A few years ago, I watched on television an actual face lift being performed. That's all it took for me. I'll pass. OUCH!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.