'Dress-Up' Clothes

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove
Default 'Dress-Up' Clothes

I'm starting to go through my wardrobe to weed out the clothes I will never wear again once I move to TV. My 'business outfits' are definitely going to charity, but I am puzzled about my 'dress-up' clothes. I have a lot of cocktail/semi-formal dresses that would still be appropriate in a warmer climate, but my question is - are there many opportunities to wear them?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 AM

That's one thing that's great about TV. You may go somewhere, like Katie Belle's, and see all types of dress fom shorts and Hawaiian shirts to ladies in sequins. I'd bring them along and then after a year decide.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Sage

Hi Taylor, I agree with Pink, especially if you enjoy dressing up.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:54 AM

When u moving, Taylor?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
I'm starting to go through my wardrobe to weed out the clothes I will never wear again once I move to TV. My 'business outfits' are definitely going to charity, but I am puzzled about my 'dress-up' clothes. I have a lot of cocktail/semi-formal dresses that would still be appropriate in a warmer climate, but my question is - are there many opportunities to wear them?
I think you'll find that you dress very differently here ..... it is overwhelmingly casual! And clothes are so inexpensive! It costs very little to completely change your clothes to a Florida-style wardrobe.

I kept a few "dress-up" clothes for weddings, Christmas parties, etc, but I never wear them. Instead, I bought a few new dress-up things at Chicos.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 PM

Those sequin dresses would also make some good pillows:')
Old 12-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

Thanks for your suggestions. No sequins or boas, just things that make me feel good when I wear them - it's kind of nice to dress up once in awhile, but clearly TV has a more casual life style. I think northerners tend to be more formal, but maybe that has to do with the weather. My house is going on the market at the beginning of Feb and I need to sell by the end of June (has to do with Capital Gains changes if I sell after that). Hope I'm not being overly optimistic.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Gold member

I brought about 5 dresses - moved early November - haven't worn any of them yet, will probably take a couple on cruises (people go on a lot of cruises here - cheap last minute ones when you live in Florida and are retired .

2 are basic black - one sort of winter and one summer. Couple are summer Hawaiian print type. Now that I've moved here and going to the occasional exercise class, I can fit in them again! Looking forward to our cruise in Feb. to wear them.

But, we are VERY casual types. Those who are into ballroom dancing might wear dresses more often. We hope to take the beginner class at La Hacienda - over and over and over (until we get it right). Don't think we have to dress up for that.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.