Summer Attire For Church

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Sage
Default Summer Attire For Church

I will be visiting TV next month, and plan on attending either Hope Lutheran Church or New Covenant United Methodist during my visit. What is standard attire for ladies attending church during the summer in TV? Are nice capri pants OK? I'm assuming open toe sandals (not flip-flops) are OK? The dress code for my church here in Illinois is quite casual, but from September through May I'm wearing a choir robe so dressing for church most of the year is not a big issue for me anyway. Just don't want to stick out like a sore thumb next month. July 6 can't come soon enough!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I will be visiting TV next month, and plan on attending either Hope Lutheran Church or New Covenant United Methodist during my visit. What is standard attire for ladies attending church during the summer in TV? Are nice capri pants OK? I'm assuming open toe sandals (not flip-flops) are OK? The dress code for my church here in Illinois is quite casual, but from September through May I'm wearing a choir robe so dressing for church most of the year is not a big issue for me anyway. Just don't want to stick out like a sore thumb next month. July 6 can't come soon enough!
I don't go to either of those churches, nice as I've heard they are, but I would be mightily surprised if the attire you describe isn't just perfect. In three years I RARELY see anyone in anything but Florida casual.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:13 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't go to either of those churches, nice as I've heard they are, but I would be mightily surprised if the attire you describe isn't just perfect. In three years I RARELY see anyone in anything but Florida casual.
Florida Casual works at Hope.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:32 AM

We go to Hope Lutheran and capris and sandals are ok...I don't recommend shorts, however, I do see some ladies in them.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Platinum member

New Covenant Methodist is quite casual during the summer. Even the pastors are more casual (no vestments unless Communion). The Sat evening service is very, very casual.
Tampa, FL
Old 06-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Sage
Default Thanks all

Thanks all for the replies. Glad to know pantihose is not required. No, I won't wear shorts -- that would empty the church very fast.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.