Getting "Dressed-Up"

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Veteran member
Default Getting "Dressed-Up"

I miss getting "dressed-up" ......... wearing a dress or dressy pants-suit, some nice jewelry, low-high heels, etc. I live in a lumberjack small, rural town in Oregon and the dress code is flannel shirts, jeans, boots, sweats - anything is passable; and as a result I admit to dressing sloppy and I fit in just fine!

Do y'all ever have the opportunity to get dressed up in TV for any of their events or at the country-club dinners? If not, I guess flip-flops and shorts are still better than sweatsuits and boots ;D
Old 03-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Getting "Dressed-Up"

One thing to appreciate about TV is there is no dress code. If you choose to wear a dress, low heels, you can. If you choose to wear an Hawaiian shirt and bermuda shorts, you can. Jeans and a t-shirt are okay, too.

I go to dinner on Saturdays with a group of women. Last week, our state of dress is everything from dresses w/heels (just came from church wear) to shorts and an oversized sweatshirt, with the majority of us in capri pants and a nice top. This is pretty typical for all of TV.

There are even a few events when you can dress to the nines if you wish.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Sage

I don't care if I never get dressed up again. If I do have to dress up, it had better be darn comfortable or it's not gonna happen.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Sage

Im with you Sam, lovit lovit, lovit! They never could dress me and take me anywhere! :

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Sage

I spent to many years dressing to the 9's. No mo. No more Joan Crawford pumps, either.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Platinum member

Sexy beaded flip flops,(I hate heels) a comfy cool dress and I am feeling girly and feminine and don't feel out of place at all! Don't get me wrong, I love shorts, capri's and comfort, but do like skirts or dresses at times, too. NOOOOO Polo shirts for me! They just don't work for me personally. Do whatever floats your boat, nobody cares!! And if they do, thats their problem!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.