Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Sage
Default Re: Girl Talk

Happy IVGLDSW Day!

Today is International Very Good Looking, Damn Smart Woman's Day, so I'm forwarding this to all of you.

And remember this motto to live by: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride!'

You've probably heard these before .. but you may enjoy them again..................

Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what the hell happened.
- Cora Harvey Armstrong

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy. - Helen Hayes (at 73)

I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows. - Janette Barber

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis

Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart. - Caryn Leschen

I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on. - Roseanne Barr

Behind every successful man is a surprised woman. - Maryon Pearson

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor Roosevelt

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over; I'll drive you home !

And my personal favourite ...

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning! :bigthumbsup:

Old 03-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Sage

Loved these BF but I wish I still had that 35 year old body!

If our bodies were falling apart at 35, what are they going thru now??? :redface:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Gold member

Barefoot,

Thanks for posting them. They are wonderful thoughts.

HB
Old 03-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Sage

I got out Fireboy's tool box and fixed my vacuum cleaner. Yay!! :bigthumbsup:

For those of you who are handy, I know you're yawning and saying "so what". But I am a total nerd as far as anything that resides in a tool box. :dontknow: So I am proud of myself. This week I had 11 tons of river rock delivered and spread. No I didn't do that myself, just supervised. The palm tree is now upright, no longer lying in the driveway! I am still working on blowing up my new ball/chair. I find living in TV (with Fireboy spending the month of March working in Canada) is very empowering. I am finding out I can survive quite nicely --- women rule!!

TOTV is a wonderful site, and has introduced me to great people. When Fireboy is gone, I know I can pick up the phone and I have a built-in support group. Thanks to Beady, Nonie, Chels, Village Kid, V7, Samhass, Mint Julep, HB & SL, Mom2Five, and all the other people who have helped me along the way. :bow:
Old 03-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Gold member

Barefoot, You go girl!!!!!

For someone who didn't even know the difference between a phillips head and a regular screwdriver you have accomplished a lot. :bow: :bow:

Now, can you come over and help me put my new desk together. ;D ;D

On a serious note: The network of women here is wonderful and I am grateful in advance for all the support I know I would have if needed. A very comforting thought when you are new to a community, and sometimes going it alone. lovehorse
Old 03-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Sage

Barefoot, CONGRATULATIONS! knew you could do it.!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady
For someone who didn't even know the difference between a phillips head and a regular screwdriver you have accomplished a lot.
Seriously, Barefoot, you didn't?? Even I know the difference, but I still can't figure out which way to turn them.....

As Beady says, this network of women will be a great support for me. Thanks all,

Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Sage

Way to go, Barefoot. It's to easy just to let the men take care of everything. You get lazy.
(I do, anyway.) Next thing we know you'll be putting on an addition!
Old 03-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Gold member

Barefoot you have earned the title :#1: in home repair.

You are the second person in Girl Talk who has achieved that status. First was V 07 with her hole in one.

I am so impressed what you did. If I achieve a :#1: status it will be for breaking things. Not having a gas stove, I turned the know. Nothing happened. Decided to try turning the knob harder and to make a long story short, not have a know in a few pieces.

Hubby has attempted to put it together with different glues, but none of them worked. He usually says try a little harder when something doesn't work. When I do, the above is usually the outcome.

So to Barefoot our :#1: replacement for Handie and :#1: for achieving Handy Woman status.

HB
Old 03-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Sage

HB, good luck with your knob problem.

Your stove story reminded me of the first time I decided to use the gas stove here in TV. I rarely cook and had been living in TV for three months. I had company at the time who wanted to use the oven. I've never used a gas stove before. I glanced in the oven, saw some black iron at the back of the oven, and decided it was part of the oven and turned it on. My friend checked the oven and pointed out to me that the black iron in the oven was a wine rack the previous people had stored there.

I will never be a cook. :redface:

Old 03-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Gold member

Hi BF,

I have heard of a cooked goose, but never a cooked wine rack.

You are still a league ahead of me. You fixed your vacuum cleaner.

HB
Old 03-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Sage

I've never liked watching daytime TV, and never really got into Oprah. But I now seem to be hooked on watching "The View" every morning, especially the "Hot Topics" segment. Anyone else enjoy this program?
Old 03-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Sage

Just about the only show I have on during the day is CNBC....unless we're having inclement weather. I enjoy financial and international news programs.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:47 PM

I was hooked on The View when Rosie was on. I saw the spat between her and Elisabeth last year and was shocked. Now I watch it when I can, but only the Hot Topics. I just can't sit through the show for an hour.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Platinum member

Being married to a "call the repairman" sort, I have done many improvements. I have wallpapered, painted, replaced faucets, fixed a leaky showerhead (19 cent gasket), replaced a washing machine belt, fixed my desktop computer (replaced harddrive) , and just replaced a ceiling fan and our outside lantern. Then I give my hub the bill and go shopping!!! The computer has an enormous wealth of fix it info, or just email me for help. They don't call me rokinronda cause I'm in a rocking chair!! Not yet, anyways.....Can't wait to go to a TOTV get together and meet this fun bunch. GIRLS ROCK!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.