Girlfriends

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Girlfriends

V7 You go girl. Congrats!! 040 040
Old 03-12-2008, 08:33 PM

Congratulations on your hole in one. I've been trying for 8 years.

mm
Old 03-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

007..OMG another Nancy Lopez among us...The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida...The Villages Florida...The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 03-16-2008, 03:33 PM

Big Congrats to O7. That is very cool.

Siestas: Do most of you get together often (aside from the luncheon for TOTV). Did you hook up by way of TOTV? Just curious.

Having girlfriends, to me, is so so important. As John Gray (Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus author) says, women need to replenish their stress hormone oxytocin on a daily basis. Our men cannot do that for us because. . . they are from Mars and, unless you train them to be able to JUST LISTEN AND NOT FIX, they have no patience for small talk. We women love small talk, we make it "large talk" and we thrive on each other to meet that need.

Thank God for Siestas.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl008

Having girlfriends, to me, is so so important. We women love small talk, we make it "large talk" and we thrive on each other to meet that need.
Jerseygirl, I felt exactly like you. When I moved to TV five months ago (how time has flown), my biggest worry was leaving my girlfriends back home. Since my husband hasn't retired yet, I knew I'd be alone a lot. I got a telephone long distance plan so I could talk to my girlfriends daily on an unlimited basis. I hardly ever find time to use my telephone!

Once I arrived in TV it was like moving to Jupiter. "Real life" seems eons away. There are tons of opportunities here to make friends: the pool, neighbours, clubs, dog park, daily activities, hobbies, pickleball, golf, the town squares, etc. I think it is key to not expect instant friendships on Day 1, they take time to nurture. At first you have acquaintances, not friends. But soon you start gravitating towards like-minded women, and before you know it, you feel like you've know them for years. Now I am blessed to have some women I know will be friends for the rest of my life. And yes, I definitely met friends through TOTV! The longer you post and read others people's posts, the more you will be drawn to certain people.

Sadly, in another month I have to leave my new friends and return to Canada for six months. I will be SO sad to leave. But so happy to be able to look forward to next Fall and know I can once again return to Paradise.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:29 AM

First, great truths BF. And, it must be so hard for you to consider leaving your "sistahs", (Sorry about my double spelling errors above) yet so exciting to be spending the warm months in beautiful Canada. When I move to TV, it will be TV 100%. I'll be working f/t also, so that will make the change that much harder, maybe that much . . . easier. Not sure yet. Still have a lot of details to tend to. Counting on "sistah" bonds, any way I look at it.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:12 AM
Gold member

BF, JerseyGirl,

We will always be in touch no matter where we are through Chat, PM, or responding to a post.

The bonds we have with each other will not diminish if we are not physically here.

HB

Old 03-25-2008, 05:36 AM

That is so nice HB. Sistahs are the greatest. Very good point. Also, nice hair do. just missed you on chat tonight. By seconds.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket
BF, JerseyGirl, We will always be in touch no matter where we are through Chat, PM, or responding to a post. The bonds we have with each other will not diminish if we are not physically here. HB
It has been such a pleasure getting to know TOTV members. And when I leave in mid-April to summer in Canada, it is marvelous to know I can still access the Forum and Chat to remain "in touch" until I return in October. :bigthumbsup:
Old 04-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Sage

It saddens me deeply to know I have to leave the dear friends I have made in TV. :'(

The only consolation is Knowing We will be together again next winter. Time goes very quickly so hopefully it wont seem too long until were all together acting like kids again.

How fortunate we are to have found this incredible "Never Never land" and each other.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:11 PM

Nonie ~
When are you leaving???? I didn't know that you weren't a year-round resident!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Sage

Nonie, I know Barefoot has to go, but you could just tie Bernie to a chair or something. Turn him loose when he concedes to stay full time.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Platinum member

:'( I didn't realize you both were leaving, either!! It was great meeting you two at Crispers! Hurry back and keep in touch! :'(
Old 04-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Sage

I cannot get hubs to stop working, Lord knows Ive tried and failed miserably, so we must go back to the "Grumpy North" in a few weeks.

I sure would like to tie him to anything Sam if I thought it was possible but duty calls!

How come I dont hear duty calling???? :dontknow:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:43 AM
Gold member

I was just reading new posts on this board. And Nonie you are expressing my feelings also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie
It saddens me deeply to know I have to leave the dear friends I have made in TV. :'(

The only consolation is Knowing We will be together again next winter. Time goes very quickly so hopefully it wont seem too long until were all together acting like kids again.

How fortunate we are to have found this incredible "Never Never land" and each other.
We leave in one week and I wonder where the time has gone to. It just flew by. This reminds me of when summer camp was over - same feelings.

We will be back in mid-June and trying to get Nonie to come with us. For Barefoot - I am suggesting a fly in - since she can not leave Canada.

Love all my Sistahs,

HB
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.