Hosery to reduce foot & ankle swelling

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Veteran member

What great help all you girls are! I agree it is easier and better often to get these experienced opinions, especially when you are short on time and the Dr. doesn't return calls well. Go ladies!!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Veteran member

I would try to visit an endocronologist perhaps and go from there....
Old 09-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Good Advice

....I work as a nurse for a very large group of Cardiologists and agree. Do remember that Schaumberger does not live in TV. She did say her heart and kidneys have been checked out. MY group of Cardiologists does vascular testing. You can have very inexpensive screening tests or more costly tests meaning both are ultasounds to check for PVD Peripheral Vascular Disease a test to see how the veins are doing with blood flow.Also make sure you are monitoring your sodium intake. Again I am just a nurse and not a doctor and you have gotten some good advice here.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Veteran member

Schaumberger, you mentioned that you travel alot for business. The only time I have a problem with swollen ankles is when I travel, either by flying or long distance in a car. Even on short flights (2.5 hrs), I will have swollen ankles if I don't wear compression knee-his. Do you have the swelling problems only when traveling? Since you're working so much, you probably can't even tell, unless you had a couple weeks off on vacation. Anyway, I just want to suggest that you make sure to tell your doctor of the frequency of your travel and the many hours of work. It could help guide your doctor to a clue as to the cause of the problem. Good Luck!
Old 09-19-2011, 02:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmickey View Post
Schaumberger, you mentioned that you travel alot for business. The only time I have a problem with swollen ankles is when I travel, either by flying or long distance in a car. Even on short flights (2.5 hrs), I will have swollen ankles if I don't wear compression knee-his. Do you have the swelling problems only when traveling? Since you're working so much, you probably can't even tell, unless you had a couple weeks off on vacation. Anyway, I just want to suggest that you make sure to tell your doctor of the frequency of your travel and the many hours of work. It could help guide your doctor to a clue as to the cause of the problem. Good Luck!
The traveling a lot for business is a new occurrence, and it's not really "a lot" compared to some people in my office. And it should only be temporary until April of next year. But I have been working a lot of overtime this year compared to last year which means sitting at my desk. Gotta go get those compression knee highs or some kind of compression stocking and see if that helps. Or else I gotta win the Lottery and move to TV next week .
Old 09-19-2011, 05:21 AM
Sage

Is it just your feet, or your hand too?
Old 09-20-2011, 06:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Is it just your feet, or your hand too?
No hands. Just feet (but feet seem to be better than a few weeks ago) and ankles. Almost looks like someone cut a golf ball in half and glued it to the outsides of both ankles as both ankles have a bulge on the outside. Not a huge bulge, but noticeable to me.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.