Michelle Obama's inauguration gown.

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Michelle Obama's inauguration gown.

Typically the new first lady chooses a "flag color". I think she would look lovely in white with her dark complexion. What is your pick for her and her little girls? Just fun to guess.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Gold member

My guess is a red dress, Gracie. I remember Oprah discussing on her program that people with African American complexions were discouraged from wearing white for TV shots or photo opps and that white doesn't flatter them in those venues. But this is a new day and perhaps Michelle isn't concerned and Oprah has challenged that premise by wearing white also in those settings.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Oprah will now probably recommend something in a simple drapery pattern that doesn't tie at the waist now that she weighs 200 lbs....Oprah that is !!!

the devil made me do it .............. fumar
Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
Oprah will now probably recommend something in a simple drapery pattern that doesn't tie at the waist now that she weighs 200 lbs....Oprah that is !!!

The fact that you keep up with Oprah and her weight...well it makes me SMILE....I know not your intent...but I loved the comment...love O too....but this was very cute!!!

AS for the color of the dress....I think she looks GREAT in RED....but I think it just won't matter....don't you think she will look great in just about anything....she will be very elegant and I can't wait to see!!!

Suzy Toronto

Last edited by Cassie325; 12-09-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Sage
Question Curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post

Fumar, just wondering why you keep coming into the Feminine Forum? Is there something you're not revealing to us???
Old 12-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Sage

I think that Michelle Obama will look arresting and dramatic, but although attractive she is not beautiful in the classical sense. Her smile is dazzling and she is tall and she has chosen understated items for her wardrobe which earns her praise from me. I don't think ANYONE will ever have that certain quality that Jackie Kennedy had in her wardrobe choices, but we will wait and see.

The attendants in my wedding wore Jackie Kennedy "Pillbox hats" to match their gowns. I was so pleased with how they looked.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Sage
Talking hmmmm...

GG, maybe Fumar would like to comment on this. He appears to be the Feminine Forums Fashioneesta! LOL
Old 12-10-2008, 11:13 AM

I rise to Fumar's defense!

Just because we are men, or perhaps because we are men, we certainly recognize the Mrs. Obama is a strikingly attractive lady. She has an elegance and fine carriage that displays her confidence and personal pride. Men admire that! She's no Jackie Kennedy but she is her own person and will make a lovely, intelligent First Lady of whom we can be proud no matter what color her dress.

So there, Fumar. (You can PM me on where to send the $20).
Old 12-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm trying to remember if she's ever worn a pale yellow. For some reason, I think that would be a good color on her. But my gut says she'll wear something on the dark side. She's been seen in red and will probably be in red for Christmas, so I doubt that it will be red for January. Whatever, I'm sure it will be beautiful and look elegant on the woman. She does have taste.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-22-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think that Michelle Obama will look arresting and dramatic, but although attractive she is not beautiful in the classical sense. Her smile is dazzling and she is tall and she has chosen understated items for her wardrobe which earns her praise from me. I don't think ANYONE will ever have that certain quality that Jackie Kennedy had in her wardrobe choices, but we will wait and see.

The attendants in my wedding wore Jackie Kennedy "Pillbox hats" to match their gowns. I was so pleased with how they looked.
Gracie Girl--If this is the kind of dribble that YOU worry about in life, when the world and U.S. has much bigger problems. God help you. Get a life and worry about real things that matter.

A former Navy CO.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyCO View Post
Gracie Girl--If this is the kind of dribble that YOU worry about in life, when the world and U.S. has much bigger problems. God help you. Get a life and worry about real things that matter.

A former Navy CO.
I have a feeling someone, could it be Cuey or whatever the handle, is getting into the forum and trying to wreak havoc. We have another post today that makes one wonder.....
Old 12-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=NavyCO;178853]Gracie Girl--If this is the kind of dribble that YOU worry about in life, when the world and U.S. has much bigger problems. God help you. Get a life and worry about real things that matter.

A former Navy CO.[/QU

Tony. We have a Troll!

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-22-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Sage

Navy CO has no idea what Gracie may have worried about in her lifetime. A little frivolity at Christmas and during these bleak financial times is not the worst thing someone could post. If indeed you are a former Naval Commanding Officer, I would expect more gallantry than you have displayed with your post. You know..the old "Officer and a Gentleman" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyCO View Post

A former Navy CO.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
Navy CO has no idea what Gracie may have worried about in her lifetime. A little frivolity at Christmas and during these bleak financial times is not the worst thing someone could post. If indeed you are a former Naval Commanding Officer, I would expect more gallantry than you have displayed with your post. You know..the old "Officer and a Gentleman" thing.
Sam, I seriously question the legitimacy of this poster... it's their very first post, it's derogatory and states the poster is a "former Naval Commanding Officer". That's kind of a red flag right there. This also may be an attempt to disparage the Navy. Naval Officers, particularly Commanding Officers are deemed to have immense integrity and character.... this post is very questionable. It may be from a noncom from another branch of the services or someone whom has never served a day. It may be legit, but highly doubtful. Perhaps Scrooge is at work....
Old 12-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Another vote for the NavyCO being a total fraud. Sounds like someone is jealous because YOU can think about fun, frivolous things with all the junk going on around us.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.