Permanent Eyebrows

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2014, 07:40 AM

This is in response to those who asked about the longevity of permanent eyeliner. Mine (top lid only) is now 5 years old. No significant fading that I can see (and I've checked with a magnifying glass too).
Old 07-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Default New Eyebrows

Still alittle dark, done on Monday, will lighten yet. $199 at Cals
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	43586  
Old 07-03-2014, 08:40 AM

Why up side down pic? Sorry
Old 07-09-2014, 06:05 AM
Veteran member
Default All done!

Brows and eyeliner now!

eyes-jpg

Sorry upside down....cannot figure out how to change!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
Brows and eyeliner now!

Attachment 43671

Sorry upside down....cannot figure out how to change!
Both your eyebrows and eyeliner look great! But, I have some questions.

I've thought about having eyeliner done for years but have always been told that it is very painful to have done. Was it?

If Kim is the only person that does the brush stroke that looks so natural. Can anyone do the touch ups if she quits or retires?

How many appointments do you have to have for each procedure? I'm in Michigan and only in TV for two weeks at a time! (We rent out our home in a long-term rental program and have to rent when we visit. Our rental company doesn't allow cats and I won't leave my two for more than two weeks at a time.)
Old 07-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
Both your eyebrows and eyeliner look great! But, I have some questions.
I've thought about having eyeliner done for years but have always been told that it is very painful to have done. Was it?
If Kim is the only person that does the brush stroke that looks so natural. Can anyone do the touch ups if she quits or retires?
How many appointments do you have to have for each procedure?
Like Sable, I am also really interested in the idea of permanent make-up.
But I'm skeered. I applaud people who've just gone ahead and done the procedures.
I talked to my Opthamologist who thinks it is a really, really, really bad idea.
But I expected that reply from him.
I'm wondering ... Does Kim do an allergy test first?
Old 07-09-2014, 12:08 PM

Sherie at Cals did a pre-test on the numbing agent first. I had just my eyebrows done as the "natural tails" were pretty much gone. No, it didn't hurt, took about 1 hr. Start to finish. I am very pleased.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki.baker@aol.com View Post
Sherie at Cals did a pre-test on the numbing agent first. I had just my eyebrows done as the "natural tails" were pretty much gone. No, it didn't hurt, took about 1 hr. Start to finish. I am very pleased.
Thanks Vicki. I wasn't as worried about being allergic to the numbing agent, as I am about being allergic to the dye used for the eyeliner tattoo.
It is awfully close to the eyeball.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:47 PM

Talking to the professionals May ease your fears and answer your questions.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki.baker@aol.com View Post
Talking to the professionals May ease your fears and answer your questions.
That's true, of course. But professionals are trying to sell a service.
That's why I always like to hear from fellow TOTVers about their own personal experiences and recommendations.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:12 AM
Veteran member
Default Pain questions

I can only speak for Kim's procedures. The eyebrows did not hurt at all. Kim uses a medical grade numbing cream (I'm sure they all do).

The eye liner, however, did involve what I would consider minor pain, hard to describe, but a little like getting a scratch on your leg...more annoying than painful, but certainly not unbearable. The entire procedure was an hour start to finish. The actual procedure itself is around 5 minutes. The rest of the time is prep and waiting for numb cream to kick in.

If you are the type of person that cannot tolerate the least amount of discomfort, then don't do this. (not judging). All cosmetic procedures involve some amount of discomfort, although minor (in my humble opinion and experience). For example, Botox, fillers -- any type of injections are just that, needles into your face. Although numbing cream is applied ahead of time, wherever your skin is thin, you will experience the injection. Keep in mind an injection lasts less than 3 seconds, it helps keep things in perspective.

I had zero soreness from eyebrows afterward, just itchy as everything was healing. I have had some minor swelling from eyeliner, but just had it done 3 days ago. I am attending a special event in August, so wanted all the "effects" over with prior.

Someone asked what happens when Kim retires? The only answer is that I will go to someone else to have touch ups. It's like when your doctor retires, you find someone else. I'm guess Kim is in her 50's, hard to tell, she is lovely, but the fact that she has 30 years experience makes me think this.

Forgot to answer another question: On the day of the procedure, each took about an hour. You then have a follow up appointment for six weeks after procedure for touch ups to any areas that may be spotty.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.