Pricey Haircut

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2014, 08:02 PM

Had soft water in my house up north. Felt like the water weighed my hair down and always felt dirty after day one:hence I washed my hair every day. I love this water on my hair! Not frizzy and I don't have to wash it every day!
Old 11-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Default great color & cut

i go to Kacee at Salon Chioma. I also was disappointed for the price. I have had many compliments on my color and short cut.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:21 PM

Kacey at
Salon Chioma is the absolute best! Not cheap, but worth every dollar!
Old 11-02-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
WAIT FOR ME!!...I am going to Crystal at "Cutters Cove" on Tuesday in another attempt to find a hairdresser that is good, honest, not pushing products AND off of the Villages property (pricing comparable to Metro Orlando's NOT like what I paid in NYC). I got the recommendation from this website and will let you know!! Hang in There!!
I use Kathy at Cutters Cove and think she's great. She is very professional, listens to what you want, her prices are reasonable and she's very pleasant.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mare0714 View Post
I have only lived in TV for one month. I had my hair done at Dimensions in Colony a few days ago. I asked the price in advance and they said it varies. Anyway I have curly hair and asked for a trim, it came out short. I asked for it to be colored dark blond, it came out medium brown. I did not ask for or receive a blow dry. A product was pushed on me so strongly I caved and bought it, even though I don't use products.

The bill for this was $200. I was pretty shocked but didn't say anything. Back in New Jersey it would have been half the price and I would have liked my cut and color.

PS I tried to return the unopened product the next day and they refused.

Is there anything I could have done regarding the price? I can live with the cut and color til next time at another salon.
That place is really rediculous .... I have been there and after going thru almost exactly what you went thru, i tried Fantastic Sams on 441 by Brooklyn bagel and they did a MUCH better job for $60.00 - color cut shampoo and blow dry... and I loved it... i will never go to Dimensions again and have told all my friends the same.... BTW Hair cuttery is gonna open in Pinella's Plaza this month if you want to give them a try... sorry u had that bad experience... I think they take advantage of "new Villagers"....
Old 12-14-2014, 07:32 PM

Sorry to hear about your problem. I was once a stylist, so I know a good cut when I get one. I went to Cal's in Brownwood and have had three excellent haircuts by Tiffany D. I won't go anywhere else. Cut $15... you can't beat that.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
any business within the Villages, must pay the developer his cut monthly, so all prices are higher within. Leave the ranch, into the outlying towns, a better deal.

Having assisted in some of the leases in Lake Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs, I ann tell you this is simply not true and amounts to nothing more than an urban legend or parroting.

Some leases do in fact have an escaltion clause that is tied to total annual sales. If and when a lessor hits that magic threshold the would be more than happy to pay a single digit "cut". As the number is far and above the planned or forecasted sales levels.

Most do not ever hit the number hence they do not pay anybody a "cut".

TV commercial rates are the same as a retailer would pay in any shopping center anywhere in central FL.

If a retailer is telling folks that....being polite....it is always nice to be able to blame a third party....eh?
Old 01-22-2015, 06:58 PM
Platinum member

I have had very good luck with Victoria at Victoria Hair in Santa Fe Crossing on 466.
Several of my neighbors go there too. Several stylists to choose from.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:42 PM

Kimberly at KRae's, next to Comcast on 441 across from Walmart, the best cut and color I have gotten since moving to Florida, and all for $60.00!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.