Quest for Dress

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2008, 04:17 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Quest for Dress (pictures)

Thanks for the nice comments. I tried to get cleaned up real good!

Not our plane though. But he gets to fly it.

You know girls, I have been over there all night ranting away in the political forum about healthcare. And I was thinkin' the whole time, at least my picture, that I still cannot believe I even put on here, is hidden over in that dress thread.

Well, then I stick my head up out of my healthcare rant, and there up top on the front of the board is this thing!

And I think, "Oh :edit: if anybody looks in here, now they will know what I look like. And when I am TV again, somebody who did not like what I said might see me and recognize me and then uh oh."

So I think. . . what I will do is get one of those great big pairs of glasses with the nose and moustache attached. And then I will wear it everywhere. So if anybody who does not agree with my rants happens to see me, they will not know who I am. Thus avoiding confrontation in an oh so clever manner.

Geez Louise. I really should not type after midnight. And I should just stick to shopping.

Boomer
Old 09-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Platinum member

Boomer, If you find those mustachioed glasses, 8) will you pick me up a pair? Thanks in advance! :bigthumbsup:
Old 09-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Boomer, me too. However, I have pretty much hung myself out to dry over there in Political. I think they put truth serum in the Kool aid too.

Here is how I look at it. We are all in this together, this life, The Villages etc. We have fewer years ahead then we had behind and if we are all going to live here, why not say what smart people will figure out anyway.

Now on the plus side, as some people get older they get more narrow minded and unaccepting of differences in others..........BUT one of the happiest discoveries I have made about the bunch living in TV is that MOST people become more open minded and accepting of others ideas, passions, obsessions, weaknesses, foibles and idiosyncrasies. BUT,SOME still think their grandchildren are smarter than mine......sigh.(But I digress)

I also don't care as much what other people think as long as long as I am comfortable with my own conscience. AND I find it so much easier to care about others as I get older.

Someone help me down off this soapbox. I can't jump any more!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Platinum member

Boomer and Gracie!!

Your postings in political are wonderful! They are eloquent and well thought out. thank you for sharing your thoughts, your wisdom and your opinion....

Suzy Toronto
Old 09-07-2008, 08:48 AM

Gracie, I am just going to LOVE having you as our close neighbor! ;D

Karen
Old 09-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Karen. Thank you. Your kind affirmation came at just the right time. I tossed and turned and worried last night about being so open and know it all in Political. I am just in a GRUMPY mood and about to drive to O.U. and get my granddaughter back.

No. I have to let her be. She will come back and teach me some things I needed to know.

I just hijacked this thread for NO GOOD REASON. Here comes TONY to throw me out.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Throw you out? Naw. Not gracie. What kinda ogre do you think I am?
:

Ok, now, attention. Back on topic here. ;D
Old 09-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Gold member

Is there a topic? This is the Feminine Forum. We women are so muti-dimensional, multi-talented and used to doing everything at once, I don't know if we can stay on topic.

Are any of you only reading this right now? I doubt it.

What I love about "the girls" on this forum is for the most part they are kind, caring, feisty, sensitive, funny, honest and forth coming, strong, beautiful inside and out and don't take :edit: from anyone.

I am so pleased to be a part of this group....well I...I...I think...I could actually go shopping with them. Now that is not something I will not do with just anyone... :-*
Old 09-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Dear Mr. Tony, Mr. Admin, Sir:

I, Ms. Boomer Beback, a multifaceted woman, started this thread. And I have no idea what the topic is. And I like it like that.

We started out shopping and then during the shopping trip, I think we girls all went out to lunch together. And that is when we girls really get down to talking about just all kinds of stuff. We never have a topic.

And sometimes, Mr. Tony, Mr. Admin, Sir, when ladies lunch, well, some of us, not all though, might just order a little something extra, just a little. Maybe a chocolate martini. Or if the bartender knows how to handle fresh mint just right, maybe even a Mojito. And then we talk about even more topics.

So Mr. Tony, Mr. Admin, Sir, I am not sassin' you. I am just telling you that we are doing quite OK in here. This is what girls do.

Boomer
Old 09-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
Also, you might be interested that one of my commercials is still running, but much watered down. It's for Fancy Feast. The white Persian cat with the butler. The white Persian was originally written to go up against Morris the Cat and 9 Lives. When I wrote her, she had a Mae West voice, said very funny things. She lived with a bachelor and yes, had a butler. Also had one commercial where she had her own Luise Vitton luggage.

Well the outcome was that it never aired that way because even though it blew Morris out of the water during testing, in focus groups some women though the "cat" yes, the CAT was too sexy! One woman even said and I quote "I wouldn't like my husband watching that cat."
Well, it is 5 AM and I can't sleep. What better thing to do than go on TOTV and read a topic I've never opened before. Nice dress Boomer! Now, what does the other half of your face look like? Lol.

Chels, your comment about the woman who said "I wouldn't want my husband watching that cat" struck me as absolutely hilarious. But then I'm sleep deprived, and easily amused.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.