Someone PLEASE tell me "its ok!"

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Sage
Default Someone PLEASE tell me "its ok!"

OMG! I hate myself so much today, I really feel like crawling under my bed and staying there for a few days. Or mabe someone should sit me in the corner with a dunce cap on! I deserve it. I need to be punished!

Last night around 10:00 I got this insatiable overwhelming urge for some icecream! There was a 1/2 gallon of butter pecan in the freezer. I did the unthinkable and started eating it out of the carton and DIDNT STOP Until every drop was gone! OMG, I have never done anything like this before and Im mortified beyond words!

Well, I knew I had to finish it because I had dipped my spoon in it a gazillion times!!!! That wouldnt be sanitary to put it back in the freezer woud it?

PLEASE PLEASE tell me Ill get over this , well mabe I will but my butt and hips never will!!!!!!!!!!::

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Don't worry, you did the right thing. Actually you had no choice but to finish the whole thing. First, as you said it wouldn't be sanitary as you ate from the container and second, it's a sin to waste food so you had to eat it all.
Ice cream 1,000 calories
Two good deeds, priceless.
Good deeds cancel out calories.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

Did you drink a diet soda with it? That would have cancelled everything out.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:29 AM

Call it brunch and don't worry about it - we have all done something like that at one time ---start by eating just the soft part and then away you go.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Julie

Given that you're under a lot of stress right now, these little indiscretions will pop up from time to time. Instead of thinking about all the negatives think on the positive side of things:

1. You didn't steal an ice cream cone out of the hands of a child.
2. You only ate one half gallon.
3. Even if your hips don't lie...remember the whale story? Visible proof that
you're brilliant!!!

I'm sure there are many more positive's I could come up with but, alas, I'm headed to my favorite ice cream store to buy myself a half gallon.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:49 AM

Nonie - isn't it funny how we have the utmost sympathy and compassion for our friends, and not nearly enough for ourselves? Take a looong walk (it's hot in NY, you're sure to burn some calories!! - take some H2O w/you) - and while you're walking, think about what YOU would say to YOUR friend if she did the same thing. I bet you wouldn't tell her she had to sit in the corner with a dunce cap on .. right? Forgive yourself.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:00 PM

Nonie it does not count if it was Butter Pecan. Trust me! Would I lie?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Veteran member

Nonie, I have done it myself -- my favorite is Black Jack Cherry Frozen "Yogurt" Publix brand. Cherries with chocolate pieces in it--my oh my!!!!! I guess I think because it is "yogurt" it's not as bad for you. Ha. I also have always been told if no one sees you eat something the calories don't count. I have told myself numerous other things too and I firmly believe what I have been told about clothes shrinking in Florida closets. I have lived in Florida/Villages for two years and I can show you the ones that my closet has shrunk.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Veteran member
Default It's O.K.

My dear sweet Nonie....no need for the dunce cap , with all you have been going thru with selling, moving etc. etc. I would say you deserved it! Wish I had been there to join you, but we would have had to go to the store for another half gallon for me too lol.
I bet you had a big ole smile on your face while enjoing each and every spoonful! No guilt needed...you go girl!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Veteran member

Now if you'd eaten it at midnight you'd be OK because midnight calories don't count (metabolism can't tell which day it is).
Also broken cookies don't count.
Anything you share with a friend doesn't count.
And anything you eat from someone else's plate at a restaurant doesn't count.
These are the rules from ancient times.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Question Wellness Center

Sorry that you ate the whole half gallon by yourself. There should have been someone to share it with You'll get over it! Anyhow can I please change the subject? I am looking into moving down TV. I am coming down in October and was wondering what does the 6 month and 12 month membership cost to join? Thanks,
Old 08-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Veteran member
Default Ice Cream Party!!

Well...I know I am not there "yet", but one time my sister had a ice cream party...and she said it was one of the best parties she ever had!!!
So one of these days we can have all the ice cream and toppings we want!!!
And I will make sure we have Butter Pecan Nonie .
Thank you Nonie...now we will have a great party in your honor! .
Old 08-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Sage

HAHAHA! The sad part about all this Jeanne is, I dont really like butter Pecan that much, I love peanut butter fudge ice cream!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Sage
Cool I'm goin' in...

Nonie Macaroni! You're such a dear friend and I love you so much.... I can't let you suffer alone! I'm going to grab my Maple Nut as we speak!

Don't worry my sweetie, all will be well. The Universe is smiling on you saying "that treat was meant for you. You deserve it for all the hard work you've been doing."

Never fear Nonie, I'm going to get my gallon now.... hang on, dear friend, you'll never be alone!!! :
Old 08-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Boy Howdy!

Chelsea's right. I will help you with this box of chocolate ice cream. What are friends for? I hate to see a person imbibing alone.

Graeters. Boomer will understand.

I need to get back to TV to calm myself down.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.