Sunblock

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Veteran member
Default Sunblock

I am a big believer in sunblock (not sunscreen). The brand I currently use leaves my face and skin very shiny and the shine does not fade into my skin for hours. Sometimes, I forget about that, leave the house and wonder why people are staring at me. I try to remember to put some baby powder over the sunblock to tone down the shine. I do not like doing that because I have already clogged my pores with the sunblock...any suggestions?

A dermatologist recently told me that the only effective sunblock has zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. I use a brand called "Face" by Ocean Potion on my face (zinc oxide) and "No Ad" sunblock on rest of exposed areas.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Platinum member

I'm not familiar with that particular sunblock, but look on the packaging. Maybe it will provide a way to contact the company and ask for advice.

Please don't put conventional talc baby powder on your face. Talc is not water soluble and can reek havoc with eyes and sinuses, etc.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post

Please don't put conventional talc baby powder on your face. Talc is not water soluble and can reek havoc with eyes and sinuses, etc.

My family doctor says that talc powder causes cancer, a controversial position for sure. But as Uptown Girl says, best to avoid talc on your face. Some of the mineral face powders have 20 SPF and don't shine.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Gold member

I like Netrogena Dry Touch - usually get a 2 pack at Sam's Club. Sam's keeps changing what they stock, but it's at least SPF 55
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.