THRIFT SHOP shopping

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2008, 03:46 AM
Sage
Default Re: THRIFT SHOP shopping

Actually Handi, all things considered, that's not a bad idea. Did I just say that to Handi?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
Actually Handi, all things considered, that's not a bad idea. Did I just say that to Handi?
Which idea? The hottub in the rear or the shopping bus??
BTW I will have a pickup truck this summer in TV. I'll remember to bring down the tie down straps
Handie :joke:
Old 03-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Veteran member

Whatever y'all decide is OK with me. I'm hoping this Thrift Shopping Club will be well-organized by the time I become a TV resident ...... yup, yup, yup !
Old 03-27-2008, 08:27 PM

Was at the Habitat for Humanity thrift shop in Leesburg on Monday. It is directly across the street from a cemetery.

Nested in the top of the pine trees there are a pair of bald eagles. It was a good view from the parking lot of the thrift store.

Anyway, that was exciting to see.

:2cool:
Old 03-29-2008, 06:14 AM

Oh Goody, this is sounding better every minute. I can't wait to get down there and join the club. You Sistah's are so clever. Thanks CIB, for starting this thread.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Veteran member

You're Welcome, JerseyGirl!

ThriftShopping is one of my "passions"; I guess I really need to get a life :

But, when I do finally get back to Florida (hopefully TV) I'll have to start from scratch with all new (used) STUFF ! Then the serious ThriftShopping will begin.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:44 AM
Platinum member

Oh Boy! I can't wait to get there! All you good folks recommended that I leave everything in Utah and just buy new in Florida. If it's new to me, it's "new," no matter how old it really is. This sounds like the answer to my "how to fill up a house with furniture" dilemma!
Let's see... First I'll need a chair... ;D
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 04-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Time for Tee

:2cool: I took the easy way! Bought a home "Turn Key" It was used for the Lifestyle program so just like new. Another name could be Salvage Sistahs or Cheap Chicks.
I am in Calif. so only 11 P.M. here~~~~~Hate the time change here. 8)
Old 04-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Platinum member

This might be off topic, but Secondhand Rose is from one of my favorite musicals of all times -- "Gypsy." Rosalind Russell played Mama Gypsy Rose Lee in the movie. Aha! Yes, of course! Now you remember! op:
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 03-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to lavendera1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
CIB,

Didnt Bet Midler sing it too?

Love your idea for a Flea Market club. Im thinking on a cute name, let me know if you come up with one.
Lets not talk about it! Lets make a flea market club We can do this.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Gold member

I rarely, if ever, buy new clothing. I always considered going to the Sal-Val like a fishing expedition... every now and then I'd reel in something nice...
I still haven't found a good thrift store like the Salvation Army stores in Pa.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Sage

ALERT - ALERT ! ! !

My wife, the ultimate thrift shop shopper, has discovered a shop near TV that she gives her seal of approval (a first for a Florida thrift shop). Centsible Furnishings at the South end (closest to TV) of Baylee Plaza on 441 North of TV. She scored a complete full size Cuisinart for $20 and other items and left the place spending $43 and you would think she just robbed the Bank of England. I believe it is a church or charity place manned by volunteers.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
I'm so excited to have found others with my "passion" for Thrift-Shopping.

Car-pooling would be a great idea to go to a different area each week, visit all the thrift-shops in that neighborhood, have lunch there, and return with our TREASURES; maybe even form a "club".

What would be a cute name for the club ???

P.S. Kathie....... "SecondHand Rose" is from a song...... I forgot if it was in a Broadway Show or a movie, but it's a famous song...... "SecondHand Rose, from Second Avenue".... I'm thinking Barbara Streisand sang it, but I'm not sure.
I think it is from "Funny Girl"
Old 03-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Sage

Yep - Funny Girl

From Wikipedia:

"Second Hand Rose (From Second Avenue," with lyrics by Grant Clarke and music by James F. Hanley, was written for the Ziegfeld Follies of 1921. Fanny Brice sang this song - a follow-up to her popular "Rose of Washington Square" (1920).

Barbra Streisand sang "Second Hand Rose" in the 1960s biographical musical play and movie Funny Girl.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-29-2009, 07:10 PM

What a fun thread. I can't wait to join your treasure hunters group. My husband and I are hoping to close on Thursday. Then we have to wait two months before we can see our new winter home (leasing it back to owners). It will be as bare as a babys' bottom and I can hope that this group will be ready to roll by then as we will need lots of "stuff" to fill it. We will only be in TV about a week in June then will have to wait until fall to come down for our big adventure. So, can I join!?!?!?!?! Karen
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.