Tips for a Healthy Life Style

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Tips for a Healthy Life Style

Susan & Tom: OK.......... since you asked - here's what I do for fun ....

I LOVE eating out; my favorite restaurants are Thai (where everything is delicious and healthy). The local Red Lobster has a Seafood Feast meal with lobster & grilled shrimp, rice pilaf, broccoli, etc. The local health-food-cafe has a yummie salad-bar and homemade soup. What's not fun about that? Also, I truly enjoy eating healthy food like fresh fish and veggies ? My other fun thing is going to the local fitness center where they have all the amenities plus two indoor heated swimming pools and hot-spa at 104 degrees and when I leave there I feel so good about myself for having worked-out that's it's my idea of fun.

samhass ... when I get to TV, mayhbe I'll teach you some good habits? :dontknow:
Old 04-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Gold member

You wear a string bikini???

Okay you are my new best friend, my life coach, my guru. You'd never ever see a string bikini on me, what with all the "stuff' hanging over it and poking out from under.

I'm still not buying it but I will try. Let's both get there soon. Do I have to give up chocolate?
Old 04-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Sage

I had a string bikini once . . . used it as dental floss! Coach us Coney Island! :bow:

Can't give up all my bad habits though. To quote Elizabeth Taylor "You can be sure that the people with no vices have some pretty annoying virtues!"

I always found this to be true. :joke:
Old 04-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

The closest I've come to wearing a string bikini were my undies...for my eyes only.

Not that I wouldn't love to have a bod that looked good in one...but think the days are passed when it would have been appropriate. A one piece suits me fine nowadays.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Gold member

Me too Bright. Here is my new one for this year.

The Villages Florida
Old 04-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm wearing the sunflowers since I'm a Kansas girl who prefers bare feet over shoes. :bigthumbsup:

Susan is wearing the red hat since she admits to already owning one plus she likes big necklaces, earrings and shoes that are eye catching. 040 :2cool:

I love this pic! It could apply to many of us, but I get great pleasure out of bugging Susan (only because she knows me better than anyone else here. If you get to know me better, then watch out because you could be next evil6...)

The Villages Florida
Old 04-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Gold member

Okay, but do I have to have those teeth? The Villages Florida The Villages Florida
Old 04-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The Villages Florida
Old 04-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Really, I'm serious about being healthy...at least eating healthy most of the time.

I try to stick to no more than about 1200 calories a day. I eat mainly soy products, fish, veggies. I avoid fast food, sugar, and limit myself to very few animal products.

However, I'm not hung up on it. I sometimes cheat...especially if I have the hankering for a good bar hamburger...a weakness of mine. Or Mexican food...another weakness. Hard to turn down 3 cheese enchiladas.

And once in a while, a McDonald's Big Mac yells at me so loudly that all I can do is get one to stop the ruckus.

And ice cream...well, I had a frozen something or other in TV when there...couldn't let my grandson eat a cone alone.

These "cheats" are few and far between yet I have to give in to keep my sanity once in a while and to be human. My son would disagree since he is a vegan...and I give him credit for sticking to it all these years.

To me, life is too short to permanently give up favorites and way to short to spend my days doing nothing more than working out so I look good in a string bikini at my age.

Just my opinion....
Old 04-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Gold member

All I can say is I am not eating at your house unless it is a "cheating day" Also 1200 calories sounds like you are doing amazing but you didn't tell her you are only 5' tall.
Just got home from eating out had a really great "barburger"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.