Is this true or a rumor?

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 06:09 PM

I hate to admit that I've caved in to high hair cut costs and am going to Tuscany Spa in LSL. I've never spent this much on my hair, but the cut is really good and when I go in after 6-7 weeks for a trim it still looks as good as the day I got it cut, just longer. The service is wonderful and when I go in the afternoon I even get a glass of wine. Unfortunately my appointment this week is at 9:15am so I Will have to settle for coffee or juice.
I did try several other places when I got down to TV. The cuts where fine the day I got them but as soon as I washed my hair it looked awful. So I pay the price for a good cut.
Suzanne
Old 08-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Sage

Dimensions and others here in T.V. charges that way..supposedly by "skill"! I'm wondering "if" there could be other under-lying reasons. Perhaps the number of clients they bring in along with the sales of product. At some of these salons they will try to offer a client their products--then want to "layer" that with other products! Just a thought or maybe observation! I've had bad cuts by stylists that supposedly were at a "higher" level.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:29 PM

I am also unhappy with Cal's. I ask them to cut my hair a certain way and describe it and even drew a picture and they always cut it the same. On one occasional I told her that I had asked her to cut my hair shorter than she did and she started to shorten it and the lady from the front came over to her and whispered something to her. This ticked her off and she told me that she was done fooling around with me. I guess she was taking to long with me. I haven't been back since.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Sage

I've never been in a Salon that didn't charge different prices for varying skill levels. And that includes Canada as well as the US. It makes sense ... you have your newbies and apprentices, your junior and senior stylists, and the grand pooh bahs of color and style.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Default Truth or Rumor?

It was the same back in PA. Since I recently lost my hair cutter here in TV, where is this Mario guy?
Old 08-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlegirl View Post
I spent a few weeks looking for a hair salon for a good cut. It seems that one salon close to me has a system where one pays according to the talent or skill level of the hairdresser. Later I learned the person who owns that also owns several of the other salons around the Villages and the Beauty School.

I believe in capitalism so that's not the problem, hey, we wouldn't have cars without it, but, I finally was able to find a salon where the prices were not according to skill level and for some reason I can't explain, I had alot more confidence in my first Village hair cut. I am curious if people from other parts of the Country have salons that charge that way? This was a first for me.
Its a fact jack...a normal practice everywhere, Authority I cite my bride
Old 08-07-2012, 04:27 PM

What saloon did you finally go with?
Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Veteran member

I know the salons of which you write. I went for 5 months, until I got sick and tired of paying $60 for a haircut, including tax and tip, when my hair is approx. 1 1/2" long and doesn't need a blow drying. I gave up and went to Cal's Barber Shop, where the woman who cuts hair there did a lovely job for $14. Of course, I'm not suggesting that this is a solution for you, but be careful...the salons in TV almost all work on the "grading system" and you'll probably have to look just outside the compound to find more reasonable alternatives. BTW - all the salons use Redkin products, an the stylists are being continually schooled to upgrade their status in the salons.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 PM

Having just moved here, I had no clue where to go. After asking several people - Cal's Barber Shop in SS was recommended the most. I go to the beauty salon part, and lucked out with my hairdresser, Mary. I think she is the greatest. She actually uses the same beauty products that my last hairdresser used.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Location: IL,CA 23 yrs, AK 12 yrs, IN 18 yrs, TV the rest of my yrs!

We have that here in Indy now except here, it's just based on seniority. Whoever has been there the longest gets to charge more. It has nothing to do with skill level. If you could see my current haircut, you'd chuckle. Next visit, I try the new gal!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,630 Times in 1,354 Posts

ulta salons use this system you pay more for experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.