Victoria - Urban Studio

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Wink Urban Studio recommendation

I've gone to Whitney at Urban Studio since October & have found her to be extremely considerate of my wishes, plus she gives a GREAT cut!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Platinum member

Had to wait quite awhile for an appointment, but finally got in today to get a cut and color from Victoria. I'm very very pleased. Since everyone has talked so much about her, just wanted to add my 2 cents.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Platinum member

I seem to have this happen with every hairdresser! The first time is great. The second time is OK. The third time is not so great. Do they get bored with my hair? Do I chatter too much while I'm in the chair? Do I not chatter enough? I'm on the 5th haircut from my *new* hairdresser, and I finally got through to him that I don't want wispy strings of hair hanging down my neck in back, but the first haircut with him was the only time he seemed to understand "slanty" bangs. I keep up my mantra of slanty bangs, slanty bangs... when I'm in the chair, but I came home with the thick, straight across bangs I had when I was 5 years old. He brushed them to the side and said, "There! They're slanty!" Unfortunately, when I got home I used the manicure scissors to try to fix them. Now I have to stay in the house or wear a hat for a few weeks.

(This is on topic because I used to go to Victoria when she was closer to my house.)
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 03-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Default Victoria?

Where is Sante Fe mall? That's where she went?
Thank you!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
I seem to have this happen with every hairdresser! The first time is great. The second time is OK. The third time is not so great. Do they get bored with my hair? Do I chatter too much while I'm in the chair? Do I not chatter enough? I'm on the 5th haircut from my *new* hairdresser, and I finally got through to him that I don't want wispy strings of hair hanging down my neck in back, but the first haircut with him was the only time he seemed to understand "slanty" bangs. I keep up my mantra of slanty bangs, slanty bangs... when I'm in the chair, but I came home with the thick, straight across bangs I had when I was 5 years old. He brushed them to the side and said, "There! They're slanty!" Unfortunately, when I got home I used the manicure scissors to try to fix them. Now I have to stay in the house or wear a hat for a few weeks.

(This is on topic because I used to go to Victoria when she was closer to my house.)
Oh yes, I can relate as I've experienced the very same. I think that they listen the very first time and recurring appts they don't pay attention to one's unique choices of style and are chatting too much to everyone in the shop that they don't concentrate on the requested styling at all. This unfortunately happened with Victoria as well.

I think that I may either try the hairdressing school or Wal-Mart's salon on Rte 466 and pay the lesser price and work with them. I don't mind paying a higher price if I am pleased with the end results, but it's a losing battle.

I'm with you uujudy that I don't want short blunt-cut bangs, but want the swept shaggy-cut bangs that are not too short!!!

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 03-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg View Post
Where is Sante Fe mall? That's where she went?
Thank you!
Coming from south of 466, go north on Morris Rd to 466. Turn Rt on 466. You will see a 3 story building on left. Santa Fe is just beyond that building also on left. Victoria is next to LabCorp.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Platinum member

OhioGirl, I called Cal's Barber Shop at Colony and asked for Amanda and was told they had no one there by that name. Could it be anyone else? Another Ohio Girl.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Gold member

my bad - her name is Vanessa (at least it has 3 syllables). However, I'm now kind of in UUJudy's boat - first time great, 2nd time ok but not quite as nice and 3rd time not happy. And over the years, I can only think of one hairdresser I kept going to for more that 6-9 mos. I only quit going to that one because I moved to a different city.

I actually think they decide by the 3rd time (maybe at the end of the 2nd time)that it is not worth all the time it takes to cut my hair. I kind of don't blame them. They were busy and she could have cut 3 people's hair in the time it takes to cut mine.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Platinum member

Thanks. I may give her a try just to see.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.