Old 07-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Default Victoria

Call 352 753 2299 she is at this number
Old 07-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Eternal Member
Default Victoria

Is she free???

No responses so far about price.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post
Is she free???

No responses so far about price.
Best to call them for prices; they are not that expensive. My shampoo, cut/style and blow dry was $30.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 07-14-2010, 05:12 PM

I paid $35 for shampoo, cut, and blow-dry. The eyebrow waxing was $10. About the same as I paid in North Carolina.
MOGearsmith
Old 07-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Dancing Thyme

Hey girls, this is great news. I'm going to try Victoria... wouldn't it be fun if a bunch of us are there the same day and the same time, we could share stories about TOTV and the political forum .....

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

I used Victoria a few weeks ago for shampoo cut style/blowdry and cost was $35. She's very good, and shop has friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Is this the salon that uses Wella for color? Great stuff. If I am in TV for much longer than a month at a time, I will have to find a salon that uses Wella. When my roots go white, they are white and only Wella gets it. Nothing else will cover.

On my trip-to-the-salon days, it is a full-time job just being Boomer. It takes a while to make my hair look like it is not a dye-job.

First Wella on the roots.

And sometimes a few spotlights here and there.

And then it gets covered with something that is clear that I think is manufactured by Goldwell. That is the stuff that puts the shine back in after the other processes. But those white roots will grab only Wella.

Yeah. I know. I know. But I just cannot go gently. White hair washes me out. If I have to let my roots go for too long because I cannot find Wella, I guess I will just have to try to see if I can bring the babushka back in style.

Soooooo, is dis da place to make the Wella connection?

Boomer
Old 07-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

This place is brand new, opened by the previous half-owner of Urban's. Give them a call.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Soooooo, is dis da place to make the Wella connection?

Boomer
Victoria as co-owner of Urban Hair Style used Wella and since she's opened her own place, I would imagine that she would accommodate anyone with a need for Wella, even if it's not her regular product.

Was there again yesterday and had Victoria and was so very pleased with the results. Great place.

She told me that last Wednesday she had three customers all from TOTV.

Too bad that "The Nice Administrator" deleted Victoria's thread here, huh? I thought it was so cute with her lead in...."Victoria is no secret." Would have been a nice gesture to allow it awhile for a new fledgling business, yes? uh oh, now I'm in trouble... HELP Boomer, save me!!!

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

Last edited by barb1191; 07-18-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post
Victoria as co-owner of Urban Hair Style used Wella and since she's opened her own place, I would imagine that she would accommodate anyone with a need for Wella, even if it's not her regular product.

Was there again yesterday and had Victoria and was so very pleased with the results. Great place.

She told me that last Wednesday she had three customers all from TOTV.

Too bad that "The Nice Administrator" deleted Victoria's thread here, huh? I thought it was so cute with her lead in...."Victoria is no secret." Would have been a nice gesture to allow it awhile for a new fledgling business, yes? uh oh, now I'm in trouble... HELP Boomer, save me!!!
Barb! Barb! Barb!

Never fear! Boomer is Here!

OK. Now just do exactly what I say.....

No sudden moves......

I will get you out of trouble.....

Go to the TOTV opening page....

Scroll down to Product and Service listings.....

Click your heels together 3 times.....

And Click on Hair Stylists and Barbers....

And there you will find Victoria!

All is well, Barb. All is well, well, Wella!

Boomer to the Rescue
Old 07-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Barb! Barb! Barb!

Never fear! Boomer is Here!

OK. Now just do exactly what I say.....

No sudden moves......

I will get you out of trouble.....

Go to the TOTV opening page....

Scroll down to Product and Service listings.....

Click your heels together 3 times.....

And Click on Hair Stylists and Barbers....

And there you will find Victoria!

All is well, Barb. All is well, well, Wella!

Boomer to the Rescue
Ohhhh Boomer Boomer Boomer...What would I do without you, oh fearless one. You have saved me from the slings and arrows of you-know-who. Thank you....thank you, thank you. Also, you did notice that Victoria uses Wella??? Oh happy day!!!

Wella anyway, I wish to apologize from my bottom.... er, uh,..... from the bottom of my heart, to our most esteemed Mr Jan for my shortsitedness.

Thanks again,

Old 12-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Eternal Member
Default Hair Stylists

Other than Victoria's, are there any other suggestions?

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Gold member
Default confession

I think I have difficult hair (does anyone out there not think that)?

Anyway, whenever I have moved or am looking for a new hairdresser, I always try to spot someone I think has similar hair and I ask them where they get it cut. In Columbus, OH, when I moved back about 10 years ago, the person whose hair I most admired said they had been going for years to a barber shop on the west side, in a not so nice neighborhood. I declined. Had been shopping for hairdressers ever since. Would find an occasional good one, but either they were too expensive or they only cut it right the first time.

So - here in TV I have gone twice for a haircut - met both women whose hair I liked while playing golf. First one said to try someone at Dimensions at Colony Plaza (also prefer golf cart accessible and that is fairly close to me). So I tried it and it was ok - but the guy was a great salesman and I bought the expensive shampoo and conditioner which I NEVER buy. He was good (at selling, just ok at cutting).

4 weeks ago, saw someone else with a good cut - she said she used to go to Dimensions, and it was ok, but is now going to Cal's Barber Shop in Colony Plaza, for less than half the price. So I did - got Amanda (there are both men and women barbers), did a great job on my hair. $14! No shampoo, just sprayed some water, and no fancy goop or styling. Didn't appreciate it fully until I washed it the next morning and blew it dry myself. Best cut I've had in years. So - if you don't need color, I would give Cal's a try. They even had a copy of "O" magazine to ready while waiting, if you don't go for Sports Illustrated.

I paid $40 for my last shampoo/haircut/blowdry in Columbus and this is a BETTER cut.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:31 PM

I used Victoria for three cuts, and I'll have to say the cuts were good. However, I have medium-short hair (doesn't quite hit my shoulders), and I had a real problem getting through to her.

My styling request is simple. A decent natural cut, with as little "processing" as possible. The first time she did my hair, she simply used her fingers to fluff the hair as she lightly used the blow dryer. It was perfect and I was thrilled. I was looking forward to my second appointment.

The second time, despite my "natural" request, she used the blow dryer, styling brush on my entire head, and the curling iron on the ends. Okay, I thought maybe I wasn't clear enough, so just lived with it. The final look was good, but not what I wanted.

The third and final time was a repeat of the second time. BUT, before she even started to cut my hair, I was totally specific about what I wanted and didn't want. Again, blow dryer, styling brush, and curling iron. She then told me that she appreciated what I wanted and she did listen to me, but she liked the way it looked better "her way."

Again, her cuts were good, but I'd like my hair done how I want it done when I'm paying $35, plus a $5 tip.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Eternal Member

Thank you both very much for your very helpful responses.
jazzy 48, the exact same thing happened to me.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.