Weight Loss Support Group

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2008, 03:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson
Default Re: Weight Loss Support Group

I just can't do liquids for meals. I need something to sink my teeth into.

Will pass it on to my hubby...he may like it.

Never seen that brand here but will look closer next time I'm at Whole Foods.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2008, 12:23 PM

Good morning ladies,
I read these forums every morning and have found all the discussions very information and enjoyable. This topic has hit the spot for me. We have been trying to sell our house for over a year--so I am very, very depressed and eating has become my best friend. Before sitting down to read this morning, I baked corn muffins ( a chill in the air was my excuse), put plenty of butter and honey of each muffin, a pot of tea and I was ready to read to enjoy. Now, I am putting away the muffins, honey and butter and going to start once again to regain my old self and not use food as my quick feel better fix.

I went to Curves yesterday to "sign up", a young women told me she was just setting up and could not talk to me--what a pain, I was pumped to start getting back in shape for my active life style in TV.

Thanks for letting me vent--I will no longer have muffins or pastry when reading the forum, a small step but I hope just the beginning.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:14 PM

This is a great idea.

I too am an emotional eater and and was in binge cycle after getting some bad news.

But for the last 10 days I have pulled myself together and I am doing much better.

My basic approach to healthy eating is to eat as close to natural as possible. I eat mostly fresh fruits and vegetables and lean meats. I limit processed foods as much as possible. Try to avoid white foods like sugar , flour etc. I prefer to eat my calories so I drink only water and coffee(my weakness) and tea. I prefer to eat fruit rather than drink it so I only drink fruit juice very occasionally.

I do not count calories. I prefer to limit the kind of foods that I eat, eat only when hungry and eat only until full.

I am so glad you guys started this thread so now we can all work together to meet our goals.

Good luck everyone.

Nancy

Old 04-16-2008, 01:16 PM
mcelheny

Thank you for helping me to get honest. I have been chubby all my life. I have tried every weight lost program. Only time I have been thin is when I was depressed! Today is the day I will eat healthy!!! I don't care for vegetables but love every fat and sugar food! I have had two fruits,small omelet and coffee. I was just going to make the bagel or toast but ...thanks to you... I am cutting it out. I weigh myself every morning and will let you know each day how I am doing!!! Good luck everybody. I love success stories.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Sage

Because it is my last week in TV until October, we are eating out twice a day. Or at least that's my excuse! I find I am affected by other people's food choices ... I want what they're having! Time enough to start a diet when I get back to Canada.

Brightspot, sounds like you're doing everything right .. congratulations. And keep up the good work!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Sage

Watch "I Can Make You Thin" on The Learning Channel. Episode 1 is the most important IMHO. Amazing.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:45 PM

I found a great web site called spark people (not sure I understand the name). It is loaded with great resources: recipes, restaurant nutrition, exercise, etc. They tell you based on your height and weight how many calories you should consume and you record what you consume each day. They record how many calories and where calories are coming from (carbs, protein, fat) They also will let you put your recipe in and they will give you the nutritional info. There are tons of other resources including support groups. Try it and I'm sure you will be pleased. It is a great web sit and it is FREE. sparkpeople.com
Old 04-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Sage

Wow, lot's of good info coming through. My new mantra "Today I will be better . . . Today I will be better . . . Today I will be better . . .
The Villages Florida
Old 04-16-2008, 02:09 PM

I've found the Calorie Count website to be a helpful way of tracking what you eat as well as how many calories are burned doing various activities.
It's free to sign up and lists almost every food you can think of in their database, so it calculates the calories, fat, fiber, etc. for you. You can also access an nutition analysis of how you are doing each day, which lists % Fat, Protein, Carbohydrates, Alcohol, etc. I've also found their guidelines for exercise, calorie requirements, BMI to be helpful.
When I think I'm going to have a challenging day or week ahead, I try to plan meals and exercise in advance. It's a great tool.

http://www.calorie-count.com/
Old 04-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Veteran member

Have been watching and listening to the TLC channel and the "I Can Make You Thin" program. So far have lost 8 pounds.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Sage

OK, I'm hiding from a slab of fudge as we speak!
Old 04-17-2008, 03:50 AM

I had a pretty good day today. I attended our Neighbourhood social but managed to eat sensibly.

I was wondering if those interested in supporting each other with weight loss would like to get together in the chat room and exchange ideas. What do you think?

If so what time of day would would be best for you?

Nancy
Old 04-17-2008, 03:56 AM
Gold member

I was having a pretty good food day too....until I got out of bed this morning. The remains of Kilwin's is killing me.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Sage

Oh Susan, that fudge is killing me! I love it soooooo much. And they're only a short ride away. I'm fighting the urge. :verymad:
Old 04-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Where can I buy Kilwins in TV? Not sure I really want to know...but, please, please tell me anyway! Never had it before!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.