What IS a healthy weight?

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Veteran member
Default What IS a healthy weight?

Notice I didn't say "normal" weight - cuz I personally don't think it matters anyway what is "normal" as much as what is healthy! We're under so much pressure from so many sources to think we have to conform to some standard weight number, we tend to forget that being healthy is so much more important than the number on the scale.

Food allergies keep my weight down...... lactose intolerant - can't eat ANY DAIRY, sugar sensitive, soy products give me GI problems, red meat makes me wanna and my own self-imposed restrictions on processed food keeps me at a stable size.

So, let's be HEALTHY and proud of whatever size we are

Last edited by ConeyIsBabe; 01-04-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

I lost weight once to the point that I didn't feel good. What was amazing to me was that I still weighed more than the weight I am supposed to be for my height. I felt weak and tired all the time. Needless to say, I ignore those charts now. Find a weight where you feel strong and healthy.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Sage

Coney, the constant social whirl down here can tend to revolve around food.
We need to keep a decent weight on our bods so we don't blow away in hurricanes. I think personal happiness is as important as weight in our lives. I adore my happy friends..and don't care what they weigh.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
Coney, the constant social whirl down here can tend to revolve around food. We need to keep a decent weight on our bods so we don't blow away in hurricanes. I think personal happiness is as important as weight in our lives. I adore my happy friends..and don't care what they weigh.
Right on Sammy .. I adore our friends also and don't care what they weigh.
For myself, if I'm feeling frumpy, it is time to lose a few pounds. But I no longer want to be thin. We do need to keep a decent weight in case of illness. And skinny is just not appealing on a middle-aged woman.

I agree with sschular, find a weight where you feel strong and healthy.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 AM

My one doctor who looks like a toothpick with pointed feet, says I'm borderline and maybe could lose a few pounds. My other doctor who looks like he enjoys his wife's cooking, says I'm just fine. So go figure. I don't go by the charts or scale. If my clothes feel comfortable, I'm okay. However, with the turkey, lasagna, ham and all the trimmings and sweets without number, I have gained some this holiday. My clothes make me look like a stuffed sausage or a fluzzy, so I have to lose some weight. Don't want to be mistaken for something I'm not. So my motto is, if it fits right don't fix it.
Malverne, NY
Stormville, NY
PT TV
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.