What is your favorite skin care line of products?

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandnancy1112 View Post
All I have ever used is soap and water...no skincare products. Also, I only use Avon products for cosmetics.
Soap, including shampoos, have sodium laural sulfate, SLS is second ingredient after water. SLS destroys the protective skin barrier, depletes the skin of natural oils, and can cause cancer and definitely baldness. Look to Toms soap, Burts bees, and Trader Joes sell a shampoo without SLS.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Soap and water worked for my mom and she had beautiful skin until she died at 92.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
In my past life I was a researcher so I did an extensive search on the internet for the "best" BB cream and to learn more about the product. I found it originated in Asia, mainly in Korea and is a blemish and beauty cream - that is when I contacted my relative in Singapore to ask if she knew anything about it. She told me the Japanese/Korean/Asian women NEVER go out in the sun like we do, they cover their legs and arms and wear heavy SPF creams. In their culture a sun tanned woman is a working woman, meaning they work in the field all day.

I finally settled on this site to learn about BB Creams Paula Begoun: Paula's Choice: Cosmetics Cop: Skin Care & Makeup Tips & Reviews. This women seems to make a living off trying skin care and giving and getting opinions on the various skin care lines. She did an extensive research on BB creams and decided that one of the best to start with (due to low cost) is Maybelline Dream Fresh BB and the shade I use is Light Sheer Tint. I bought it at WalMart and actually really liked it, I bought a color one shade lighter than my skin color, somewhere I read to squeeze out a small amount onto the back of your hand and apply with fingertips all over the face. Which I did, then I applied a little more on blemishes and areas I really wanted to hide. I LOVE this stuff, it covers well, it is very light and sheer, it has a slightly iridescent look (which is very attractive) and it lasts all day and I get compliments on my skin!, at my age that is HUGE. From there I purchased Estee's BB cream, but I like the Maybelline more because Estee is thicker.

So I could not leave well enough alone and got into the Korean BB Creams and they are all available on Amazon.com. I can buy a top of the line Korean skincare plus shipping for less than I can buy Estee and the Korean SPF's are much higher. I am using Missha, but knowing me I will probably try others as well.

Oh, I did also buy Guerlain Blanc de Perle which has an SPF of 50 and that made my nose break out.

This is a fascinating subject to research and all you need is a computer and time - both of which I have. I should add that I never buy anything without first researching the item fully.
I love to hear knowledgeable people talk about skin care. I'm sure most of us have spent a fortune over the years experimenting with products. It's great to hear your reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
I checked out Missha BB cream ,and all the ingredients are good. It is basically a tinted sunscreen. Zinc oxide and titanium, best natural sunscreen, non chemical. It does have parabens preservatives which is the only thing I don't like. I did order it from Missha, as there may be counterfeit products on line. It is on sale now with additional gift. I will give a review when I receive it.
Please do give us a review when you receive your Missha BB cream. If it is tinted, how did you know what color to order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit53 View Post
I think I've used everything over the years. Now I'm using Murad Resurgance. It's excellent!!! It's expensive, but much less on amazon. Well worth it.
Please tell us more about Murad Resurgance.

I had a friend staying with me last week. She bought Sonya Dakar products and gave me some samples. Lovely products but quite expensive.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I love to hear knowledgeable people talk about skin care. I'm sure most of us have spent a fortune over the years experimenting with products. It's great to hear your reviews.

Please do give us a review when you receive your Missha BB cream. If it is tinted, how did you know what color to order?

Please tell us more about Murad Resurgance.

I had a friend staying with me last week. She bought Sonya Dakar products and gave me some samples. Lovely products but quite expensive.
Bare, Thanks for your kind words, but you are giving me too much credit for knowledge I don't really have. Like most women I love skincare products and always have and I am a sucker for anything which says it is going to make me look young again. As for the BB creams, try a very inexpensive drug store brand to begin with and get one a shade lighter than your own skin tone. Most of these BB creams are translucent and just leave a sheen of color which is really pretty. I think they enhance your natural skin tone. I go by the rule that if the products could make us look young there would be no old people walking around!

I also think that if one is prepared to pay big money for skincare, we think we are getting youth back - unfortunately not so.

I purchased Guerlain from Hong Kong for $9.00 a tube! If I had purchased it here It would have costs me hundreds for the same product.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-28-2014, 02:26 PM

I have used the prescription Retin A for years and really recommend it. I buy it from a Canadian supplier to keep the cost down.

For skin care, I have used Paula's Choice for many years and think that she has a really good line.

The Beautpedia Reviews section of PaulasChoice.com is the definitive online source of reliable, in-depth researched information on cosmetic products. You'll find thousands of candid, research-supported reviews from international best-selling beauty author Paula Begoun and The Paula's Choice Research Team.

I find the reviews helpful- if a product is very good, then it will be given a good rating. I find the reviews in line with other reviewers, not just slanted to her own products.

So I would start there, then decide your "price point" and go from there.
But I do like Paula's skin care line very much.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:24 PM

Also no.7 from Boots
Old 03-28-2014, 04:25 PM

I asked my daughter if she ever heard of BB cream and yes, she had a tube from CVS. It is Garnier and when I looked at the ingredients it is Oxtinocate and titanium dioxide. The Oxtinocate is chemical sunscreen and is on the list of products to AVOID. The TD is natural and is in all foundation makeup. The Missha has excellent ingredients except for the parabens, and I don't know why they would use parabens verses hexel. Probably for the longer shelf life. The Missha on Amazon did not list the ingredients and 1 reviewer stated that it was a counterfeit as it was totally different packaging and shipped from Korea. Missha should come from
NY.

I have been using Retin A Generic for years, bought from Allday Chemist but would like to know the Canadian pharmacy as the shipping should be cheaper. Thank you
Old 04-10-2014, 12:04 PM

I've been using Obagi and highly recommend it too!
Old 06-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Soap and water. Sun screen when I remember.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:01 PM

Another vote for Philosophy!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Sage

I take care of my skin internally. I interested, PM me and I will tell you what I do. The cost is less than what most people are paying for skin creams. AND... it is good for my whole body... not just my face. All age spots gone, wrinkles going away and my skin is soft and smooth.

Someone just told me I had good genes.. I showed them a picture I of me a few months ago. Noticeable difference.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
I take care of my skin internally. I interested, PM me and I will tell you what I do. The cost is less than what most people are paying for skin creams. AND... it is good for my whole body... not just my face. All age spots gone, wrinkles going away and my skin is soft and smooth.

Someone just told me I had good genes.. I showed them a picture I of me a few months ago. Noticeable difference.
Wow, Angie, that is impressive.
I'm sure we'd all like to know how you take care of your skin internally.
Can you share your method with us?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.