What is your favorite skin care line of products?

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2014, 11:00 AM
Platinum member

Thanks for all the replies!

I am considering all of the suggestions. Obaji is looking good right now, partly because the physician who uses it is located near me.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:14 PM

Another vote for coconut oil!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:44 PM

I use Philosophy for skin care and Bare minerals for make-up. Reasonable price and good quality too!
Old 03-18-2014, 03:06 PM
Sage

Pond's cold cream is the only thing I ever put on my face. It's the only thing my mother ever used and she had hardly any wrinkles at 85.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 03-21-2014, 05:18 PM

I love Burt's Bees organic products.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Sage

Sonya Dakar products.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosygail View Post
I use Philosophy for skin care and Bare minerals for make-up. Reasonable price and good quality too!
Do you buy bare minerals online or locally?
Old 03-23-2014, 05:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I have used Estee for years. However, a relative of mine has relocated to Singapore with her job and she told me about the skin care lines made for Korean women. Asian women never ever tan their skin, they use the BB Creams which are just now coming into our lines of cosmetics. So I have been using Missha BB cream along with Estee cleansers for the past year. I love the look of the BB Cream and mine has an SPF of 42.

At my age I think it is a bit late to expect to undo the damage the sun has done to my face, but the BB creams help to make my skin look better.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-23-2014, 07:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post

So I have been using Missha BB cream along with Estee cleansers for the past year. I love the look of the BB Cream and mine has an SPF of 42. At my age I think it is a bit late to expect to undo the damage the sun has done to my face, but the BB creams help to make my skin look better.
I love to hear people's recommendations for skin creams.
Where do you buy Missha BB cream?
I like the fact it has a SPF of 42.
Is it tinted?
Does it have a matte or "dewy" look?
Old 03-23-2014, 07:39 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerbaby View Post
I have sensitive skin sometimes rosacea I use Serious Skin Care from home shopping network, I love the glycolic cleanser.
BB, have you asked your derm about using glycolic cleanser on your face when you have rosacea? I think I've heard that it could be harmful to your skin. Just a thought..

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-23-2014, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I love to hear people's recommendations for skin creams.
Where do you buy Missha BB cream?
I like the fact it has a SPF of 42.
Is it tinted?
Does it have a matte or "dewy" look?
In my past life I was a researcher so I did an extensive search on the internet for the "best" BB cream and to learn more about the product. I found it originated in Asia, mainly in Korea and is a blemish and beauty cream - that is when I contacted my relative in Singapore to ask if she knew anything about it. She told me the Japanese/Korean/Asian women NEVER go out in the sun like we do, they cover their legs and arms and wear heavy SPF creams. In their culture a sun tanned woman is a working woman, meaning they work in the field all day.

I finally settled on this site to learn about BB Creams Paula Begoun: Paula's Choice: Cosmetics Cop: Skin Care & Makeup Tips & Reviews. This women seems to make a living off trying skin care and giving and getting opinions on the various skin care lines. She did an extensive research on BB creams and decided that one of the best to start with (due to low cost) is Maybelline Dream Fresh BB and the shade I use is Light Sheer Tint. I bought it at WalMart and actually really liked it, I bought a color one shade lighter than my skin color, somewhere I read to squeeze out a small amount onto the back of your hand and apply with fingertips all over the face. Which I did, then I applied a little more on blemishes and areas I really wanted to hide. I LOVE this stuff, it covers well, it is very light and sheer, it has a slightly iridescent look (which is very attractive) and it lasts all day and I get compliments on my skin!, at my age that is HUGE. From there I purchased Estee's BB cream, but I like the Maybelline more because Estee is thicker.

So I could not leave well enough alone and got into the Korean BB Creams and they are all available on Amazon.com. I can buy a top of the line Korean skincare plus shipping for less than I can buy Estee and the Korean SPF's are much higher. I am using Missha, but knowing me I will probably try others as well.

Oh, I did also buy Guerlain Blanc de Perle which has an SPF of 50 and that made my nose break out.

This is a fascinating subject to research and all you need is a computer and time - both of which I have. I should add that I never buy anything without first researching the item fully.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112
Default Skin Care Products

All I have ever used is soap and water...no skincare products. Also, I only use Avon products for cosmetics.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:32 PM

Yes I do, it's amazing & I just happen to have sample . Call me 802-770-2334 Kathy
Old 03-27-2014, 08:11 AM

I checked out Missha BB cream ,and all the ingredients are good. It is basically a tinted sunscreen. Zinc oxide and titanium, best natural sunscreen, non chemical. It does have parabens preservatives which is the only thing I don't like. I did order it from Missha, as there may be counterfeit products on line. It is on sale now with additional gift. I will give a review when I receive it.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:21 AM

I think I've used everything over the years. Now I'm using Murad Resurgance. It's excellent!!! It's expensive, but much less on amazon. Well worth it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.