A Woman's Worth

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Default A Woman's Worth

In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman he was pursuing the question......

"What kind of man are you looking for?"

She sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye and asking.

"Do you really want to know?"

Reluctantly, he said, "Yes."

She began to expound... As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what he can do for me that I can't do for myself. I pay my own bills. I take care of my household without the help of any man. I am in the position to ask, "What can you bring to the table?"

The man looked at her. Clearly he thought that she was referring to money.

She quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not referring to money. I need something more." I need a man who is striving for perfection in every
aspect of life." He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked her to explain.

She said, "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation . I don't need a simple-minded man." I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because I don't need to be unequally yoked... believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster . I need a man who is striving for perfection financially because I don't need a financial burden. I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded. I am looking for someone who I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his business. I have no problem being submissive...he just has to be worthy. God made woman to be a helpmate for man. I can't help a man if he can't help himself ."

When she finished, she looked at him. He sat there with a puzzled look on his face.

He said, "You're asking a lot."

She replied, "I'm worth a lot."

Old 05-04-2008, 02:43 AM
Sage
Default Re: A Woman's Worth

Minty, this is beautiful! I'm going to send it to all my girlfriends back in Illinois. Thanks for posting it. :bigthumbsup:
Old 05-04-2008, 03:02 AM
Gold member

Just sent it to my friends too. Thanks Minty. I wish all women realized their value.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:50 AM

Goodness gracious! That is FANTASTIC! If that doesn't say it all in the simplest terms, I don't know what WILL.

I am considering a move to TV, so I am only lurking through the forums this evening, getting a sort of a pulse for what life really might be like that the brochures won't mention. These forums are just GREAT. I was especially somehow drawn to this one. I feel sold on TV already.

I'm trying to re-navigate my sensitivity and many other things in my life after being thrust into bachelorhood (?) when my wife of 40 years filed for divorce. I honestly pray to do better from here on with wherever my life goes.

Sincerely,
Fotoman (photojournalist retired)

--Quote of the millennium.......: a good person, who makes your life better, not worse, is the most precious gift you’ll ever receive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintjulep

In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman he was pursuing the question......

"What kind of man are you looking for?"

She sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye and asking.

"Do you really want to know?"

Reluctantly, he said, "Yes."

She began to expound... As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what he can do for me that I can't do for myself. I pay my own bills. I take care of my household without the help of any man. I am in the position to ask, "What can you bring to the table?"

The man looked at her. Clearly he thought that she was referring to money.

She quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not referring to money. I need something more." I need a man who is striving for perfection in every
aspect of life." He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked her to explain.

She said, "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation . I don't need a simple-minded man." I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because I don't need to be unequally yoked... believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster . I need a man who is striving for perfection financially because I don't need a financial burden. I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded. I am looking for someone who I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his business. I have no problem being submissive...he just has to be worthy. God made woman to be a helpmate for man. I can't help a man if he can't help himself ."

When she finished, she looked at him. He sat there with a puzzled look on his face.

He said, "You're asking a lot."

She replied, "I'm worth a lot."

Old 05-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Gold member

Well fotoman,

If you move to TV, I hope you like casseroles, cause I have a feeling you are going to get lots of them.

Also there are some really, really, great photo clubs in TV.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:30 AM

I LUV casseroles....and most pies, but have been fighting weight gain with daily workouots pumping iron and walking. I haven't heard much bad about TV. Sounds GREAT. I want to learn to "play" golf. I covered the PGA and :PGA for many years amongst other things photographic (mostly news and sports) all over the place.

More later as I get my personal life in order, make sure my head is screwed on correctly and assure myself my moral compass is OK.

Sincerely,
Fotoman
Old 05-07-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan&Tom

If you move to TV, I hope you like casseroles, cause I have a feeling you are going to get lots of them.
Susan,
Did you ever see the movie 'Boynton Beach Club'.
Hilarious!!! Lots of casseroles served in that movie about a retirement community.

Fotoman, I had a friend whose son covers lots of sports, olympics, etc.
But mostly he's traveled with and video-ed The Dave Matthews Band concerts.
Also did Brittany Spears (before her crazies), and several others.
Sounds like an absolutely wonderful job. He loves it!!!
But I'm sure all that traveling could get to ya after a while.

We were sold on TV after the first day of our first visit.
We drank the water as everyone says.
If you order the DVD and watch it, it'll give you an idea of the lifestyle,
but you have to do The Lifestyle Preview to really see what it's like...
Good luck!!! :bigthumbsup:

Old 05-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Gold member

Okay at the risk of upsetting someone, I must tell you, with all due respect fotoman, this is the "Feminine Forum", as in "No Men Allowed". Normally Cloey sniffs out male-types and sends them packing before they post...
Right Cloey? The Villages Florida Good girl! She must have thought you were a nice guy so she let you post.

From now on though, we girls (I think I speak for the others) would rather post to you out there in the rest of the Forum. We don't even let JohnnyM. in here.
No embarrasement necessary, your new, hence the friendly information. Keep on posting and join us soon in TV. I am sure the family of TV will welcome you with open arms as it has the rest of us.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:57 AM

OOPS, YIKES! I didn't realize this was a women's only forum so this will be me last post and I'll move it on along, but please bear with me to answer your question.

I've not covered the Olympics (thank God), mostly the NFL (and Superbowls) and a TON of entertainment acts since the early 1960's - major stars. The Civil Right's movement in the South. I'm getting pressed to do a book...I dunno. Anywhoo, SORRY to barge in on ya ladies. I'll go elsewhere.....Put me on the beback list in the other forums. It WAS good for ME! Bye,
Fotoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintjulep
Susan,
Did you ever see the movie 'Boynton Beach Club'.
Hilarious!!! Lots of casseroles served in that movie about a retirement community.

Fotoman, I had a friend whose son covers lots of sports, olympics, etc.
But mostly he's traveled with and video-ed The Dave Matthews Band concerts.
Also did Brittany Spears (before her crazies), and several others.
Sounds like an absolutely wonderful job. He loves it!!!
But I'm sure all that traveling could get to ya after a while.

We were sold on TV after the first day of our first visit.
We drank the water as everyone says.
If you order the DVD and watch it, it'll give you an idea of the lifestyle,
but you have to do The Lifestyle Preview to really see what it's like...
Good luck!!! :bigthumbsup:

Old 05-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Minty>>> :bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.