Building a Golf Cart Garage

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2023, 02:15 PM
Default Building a Golf Cart Garage

I'm looking to potentially add a golf cart garage and have checked with ARC and would plan to talk to Sumter County if we were to build ourselves but would prefer maybe to hire it out. I have not seen very many contractors along the road lately but did see a sign for Advanced Construction. I called and provided what they asked but it has been going on 2 weeks and have heard no response. I'm reading the thread from years ago and not as pleased as what I would like to find.

Any suggestions on contractors for building a golf cart garage and
Has anyone recently hired Advanced Construction, which apparently they now do pools and spas as well.

Thank you.
Old 11-19-2023, 02:39 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,934 Times in 3,725 Posts

I used Advance for a full size garage.
They contract 100% out.
They are just a Project Manager.
Initially talked to the owner, but never saw him.
As such, I would not use them for anything complicated.

So your garage will be as good as the site manager.
Old 11-19-2023, 02:53 PM

I used Jerome's General Contractor & Masonry, Inc. in 2020 to construct a golf cart garage and an enclosed screened patio. He did all the permits, approvals, drafts, etc with Sumter County and The Villages ARC etc. I placed a deposit with 4 draws. It was excellent. His Tele is 352-750-3555. His web page was Jerome's General Contractor at 505 Sunbelt Road, Lady Lake, FL 32159
Old 11-19-2023, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,442 Times in 2,336 Posts

I would not attempt to do this myself, first you will need to submit detailed plans from a licensed engineer, then you will need to build to those plans. I was going to enclose the existing lanai myself, once I found out about all the hoops I was going to have to jump through, I contracted the entire project.
Old 11-20-2023, 07:03 AM

IF you finally do it, think about a few extras that are cheap to do now, but expensive later.
Plenty of outlets. Inside and outside walls and eaves.
A 220v outlet for EV charging.
Lighting.
Ethernet wiring for security cameras.
Wiring for garage door opener in traditional spot, and the newer style opener by the top side edge of the door.
Prep for a mini-split. Power, conduit, mounting plates inside the wall.
Hose and floor drain?
Windows where they won't block things you may want on the wall.
Coat the floor.
Try to push off costs separate from the actual garage build. No need to pay property taxes forever based on things like a hose.
Old 11-20-2023, 09:55 AM
Gold member

I would add a solar light fixture to your list.
Old 11-20-2023, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,066 Times in 2,542 Posts

If I had to have one I would have brought house with one. I amazed how many buy houses then nearly completely remodel them.
Old 11-21-2023, 07:01 AM
Default Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by laportjm View Post
I'm looking to potentially add a golf cart garage and have checked with ARC and would plan to talk to Sumter County if we were to build ourselves but would prefer maybe to hire it out. I have not seen very many contractors along the road lately but did see a sign for Advanced Construction. I called and provided what they asked but it has been going on 2 weeks and have heard no response. I'm reading the thread from years ago and not as pleased as what I would like to find.

Has anyone recently hired Advanced Construction, which apparently they now do pools and spas as well.

Thank you.
Melton Construction is THE BEST!!! Darrell Melton is great. He has done work for us (enclosed part of our open concept design and has done additions for friends of ours. His workers show up on time and Darrell checks in almost daily for any questions/concerns.
Old 11-21-2023, 07:28 AM

I had a gc garage & a room added onto my villa a few years ago. Dimitri Construction did a great job, with no "surprises" or problems. We are very happy with our results, from permits to completion.
Old 11-21-2023, 07:33 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,934 Times in 3,725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
If I had to have one I would have brought house with one. I amazed how many buy houses then nearly completely remodel them.
a lot of resale homes

a lot of new homes are sold completed
Old 11-21-2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:

Thank you.
We were planning on adding a Cart garage last summer. The slab is already there so basically it would be two walls, a door and a roof with minimal electrical. After having three contractors out we got crazy high prices and once never bothered. I presume that they only wanted to do much large additions. There is a market here for small additions like a cart garage and a skilled carpenter could do very well. The most difficult part is the roof framing.

If you are able do it yourself….
Old 11-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Default Envious....

I'm just envious that you have room to add. I love the footprint of my designer home, but location prevents any upgrade to our existing two-car garage. We are (literally) sandwiched in between two houses -- no room for expansion.
Old 11-21-2023, 08:35 AM
Default Shamrock Construction

Quote:

Thank you.
Consider Shamrock Construction on Hwy 301 just south of Oxford. We had a complete remodel done by the company--and I mean "complete", with only the tile floors in the wet areas and the shower in the guest bath remaining original. The lanai was enclosed with the floor being raised and the exterior walls and windows redone to match the rest of the original construction. Popcorn was removed from the ceilings and recessed lighting installed throughout the house.

The best thing about Shamrock is Chuck, the general foreman. He knows how to do everything and he stayed on top of the many subcontractors to see that their work met his high standards.
Old 11-21-2023, 08:39 AM

T&D - not the cheapest but no worries start to finish. Also, the first villa on the right in Melbourne Villas, The Village of Collier, had a golf cart garage added 5 plus years ago (maybe closer to 10 years). It fits perfectly on the lot and looks like the villa came that way. There is a villa in Sharon Villas in The Village of Gilchrist that added a golf cart garage and a mother-in-law suite. I have seen a few other golf cart garages added to courtyard villas. You might want to drive around and see what's out there. I know when we added on to our house we stopped at other houses that had noticeable additions and asked questions about the contractor they used.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:05 AM

We used T&D as well. They did a GREAT job. So much so that our neighbor also used them. No doubt they're at least worth a call/estimate.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, garage, contractors, building

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.