COVID-19?s Rise Causes Changes in Places of Worship

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2021, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
I like the hysteria about all the cases in schools. This is also happening in states with mask mandates for children. The real world laboratory is demonstrating what the sciences has stated. Paper and cloth masks in school have no effect on respiratory viruses.

As for heat stroke from going outside? Not every child goes to school in Florida and in a month, even Florida will cool off enough to spend time outdoors during the day. None of my schools, K through college ever had air conditioning, of course that was in Ohio. There might have been a class or two in my last year of college in the new biology building that AC, but I have no memory of it. Every one had lots and lots of open windows.
Pre A/C.........schools and other public buildings in both the north and south were built with HIGH ceilings - because hot air rises. The cooler air then rolls in through the open doors or lower windows of the building. Florida and Arizona used "swamp coolers" which were evaporation coolers - somewhat effective.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:40 PM

This just in, boys and girls. Bank of America has reported that the delta variant, as predicted, has peaked. Like the UK, the descent will most likely be rapid. So, you can take those masks off in church, while shopping, and walking around the block. But, mark my word, there will be another scare tactic soon --another variant or calling the flu Covid.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Pre A/C.........schools and other public buildings in both the north and south were built with HIGH ceilings - because hot air rises. The cooler air then rolls in through the open doors or lower windows of the building. Florida and Arizona used "swamp coolers" which were evaporation coolers - somewhat effective.
"swamp coolers" are never used in Flordia due to high humidity.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden View Post
This just in, boys and girls. Bank of America has reported that the delta variant, as predicted, has peaked. Like the UK, the descent will most likely be rapid. So, you can take those masks off in church, while shopping, and walking around the block. But, mark my word, there will be another scare tactic soon --another variant or calling the flu Covid.
I might believe B of A about an upcoming recession or an increase nationwide in bad debts - but I would prefer to get medical predictions from REAL medical professionals. 97% of all medical Doctors are fully vaccinated. All the Doctors on TV programs that I trust say that the winter could be worse than today for CV. I will base MY risk calculations on that information. One national expert said that CV could be a problem for the next FIVE YEARS! Dr. Hotez, a pediatric expert, from Baylor Univ. states that he believes that ALL schools in the US will have to shut their doors before next summer due to spikes in CV in schools. Those are the predictions that I am hearing.

England has a total of 85% citizens protected when you combine the % with post CV antibodies and are fully vaccinated. Both young and old in England are smart enough to get vaccinated. It is logical that England's graphs of hospitalization and Deaths may have dropped downward. The US is SIGNIFICANTLY different than England in that young Americans are NOT willing to put COUNTRY before SELF. There are at least 2 psychological reasons for young Americans acting more selfish than people from England. One is the romanticized idea of the "rugged individual" from a leftover "frontier mentality". The other is the "greed is good" concept that started around the 80s in the US.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
You may want to check the trajectory in the UK over the past three weeks or so.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-24-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
You may want to check the trajectory in the UK over the past three weeks or so.
UK 7-day average Covid cases peaked July 21st and declined 45% the following 13 days. That's the latest stat I have. If Bill14564 has something else to share, please just spit it ut instead of implying that I'm full of crap. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2021, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
UK 7-day average Covid cases peaked July 21st and declined 45% the following 13 days. That's the latest stat I have. If Bill14564 has something else to share, please just spit it ut instead of implying that I'm full of crap. Thanks.
Look at the JHU COVID Tracking page.

They did have a significant decline but then it leveled out (at least according to JHU)

I assumed that by now everyone was familiar with the JHU, WaPo, NYT, and CDC tracking pages.

Hopefully, the UK begins to decline again. Hopefully, we begin to decline. Hopefully, people will get vaccinated. There is a lot to hope for.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 08-24-2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I just hope Abe Lincoln was right," you can't fool ALL of the people ALL of the time".........of course, that was before Facebook and other tools of negativity. My own quote, " when a Democracy dies, how can what replaces it be better?"
Can’t really disagree with you! I can’t say what I really want to say because I afraid TOTV wouldn’t like it. But I don’t doubt Honest Abe!
Old 08-25-2021, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Getting a meaningful answer is like measuring clouds or picking fly specs out of pepper!
Old 08-25-2021, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
New Study Finds COVID Masks Harm Children’s Physical & Mental Health | Principia Scientific Intl..

A new study, involving over 25,000 school-aged children, shows that masks are harming schoolchildren physically, psychologically, and behaviorally, revealing 24 distinct health issues associated with wearing masks.

But then again, if you get them used to being controlled at an early age, it's gets easier to control them when they're older. So, there's that.......
Please type Principia Scientific into your browser with a period after it and the word "BIAS".

I did and got this;

Principia Scientific International (PSI) - Media Bias/Fact Check
Old 08-25-2021, 10:39 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post
As a result of the recent increase in COVID-19 cases caused by the delta variant, some local churches are requesting that attendees once again wear face masks as a precaution. Church members at the United Church of Christ at The Villages are being ordered to wear masks inside the church, referencing the US Centers for

More...
Tithes Are coming in slow from sick people and totally stop from diseased
Old 08-26-2021, 08:25 PM
Default You wouldn’t want to wear an N95 mask for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
Because they are not mandating N95 masks.

Stop conflating the two.

Paper and cloth masks are as effective at stopping covid infection as they are at stopping you from smelling flatus ejected by a rotund diner at the Golden Correl.

I would be supportive of masking if they were requiring proper N95 or better respirators, well fitted. They are not, they are requiring a magic talisman that has no effect on the prevention of covid transmission.
People buy an N95 labeled mask and think they are so much better than cloth masks. Reality is that N95 masks have to be fit-tested to make then much more superior than any other type of masks. That means the mask has to fit you such that very, very small particles cannot leak past the mask. Which means that if you were actually wearing a properly fitted N95 mask, you wouldn’t want to be wearing it for long. A mask is better than no mask.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.