Current executive golf course closures

Old 05-02-2024, 04:25 PM
Editor
Default Current executive golf course closures

Below is a list of current executive golf course closures in The Villages: Questions, comments or concerns, please contact the Executive Golf Maintenance Department by email at ExecutiveGolfMaintenance@districtgov.org or by phone at 352-674-1885.

More...
Old 05-03-2024, 08:44 AM

Golfers shopping for homes in The Villages should NOT purchase a New Home in the Southern Areas, which lack enough Executive Golf Courses. Rather, they should buy a pre-owned home in the Middle or Northern areas which have plenty of Executive golf courses nearby. Also, the Bond is usually paid off on homes in the North and middle areas, plus you are MUCH CLOSER to Shopping & Restaurants.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleprice View Post
Golfers shopping for homes in The Villages should NOT purchase a New Home in the Southern Areas, which lack enough Executive Golf Courses. Rather, they should buy a pre-owned home in the Middle or Northern areas which have plenty of Executive golf courses nearby. Also, the Bond is usually paid off on homes in the North and middle areas, plus you are MUCH CLOSER to Shopping & Restaurants.
Enjoy life at Linden. Don’t have any problems playing when i like. Great place to retire. Perfect lot and fantastic neighbors.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:52 AM
Gold member

I think The Villages did some research about the current age group that is now retiring. They are concerntrating on pickel ball courts and other things besided golf courses.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,347 Times in 610 Posts

Nine out of 41 executives are closed!

Red Fox
Grey Fox
Chula Vista
Pelican
Truman
Roosevelt
El Diablo
Amberwood
De La Vista
Old 05-03-2024, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,325 Times in 4,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
I think The Villages did some research about the current age group that is now retiring. They are concerntrating on pickel ball courts and other things besided golf courses.
I think the "lack of interest in golf" for the new retirees is a fallacy. If you read this site, there are more than a few people who are complaining about the lack of golf courses in the Southern areas.

Pickleball courts have be a focus for years. They are not adding more per capita. Pretty much every single rec center has them. But in some areas (like Richmond) they built pickleball courts with no attached rec center (which makes me scratch my head, since it seems like that area is lacking in the rec center department...)

-Tom Petty
Old 05-03-2024, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,207 Times in 2,800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
If that’s the case, they got it wrong. Not by adding more things like pickle ball, but by letting the number of golf holes per rooftops plummet over the last 8+ years. It was a slow bleed over several years, but the results have reared their ugly head in a big way during 2024.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:38 PM

///

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.