Shelter dog of the week: Grizzly

Old 02-16-2024, 01:30 AM
Editor
Default Shelter dog of the week: Grizzly

Need a water dog? Grizzly is an energetic, lovable pooch looking for his forever home. Due to some complications, Grizzly had to have one eye removed, but that hasn’t stopped him from loving splashes in the kiddie pool. While he would do best as the solo dog in a household, he could warm up to

More...
Old 02-16-2024, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,701 Times in 1,544 Posts

Kudos to the people who put in the time and effort to take care and adopt out these pets, as well as to the folks who take them.

Nevertheless a shelter dog (cats, not so much) often comes equipped with significant behavioral issues that make long-term success in a placement a roll of the dice. There's a reason, often negative, they're on the market after all. My brother adopted an "incredibly sweet" American Pit Bull Terrier that a couple of months into its new placement ended up attacking my brother's niece. A friend back before our move to TV adopted a nondescript little mutt that was great around family but guests beware: I got a nip on the calf as soon as I turned my back on this well-behaved docile cute little critter. Fortunately my friend un-adopted his dog before it did significant damage to anyone partial to lawsuits.
Old 02-17-2024, 09:30 AM
Angry Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post
Need a water dog? Grizzly is an energetic, lovable pooch looking for his forever home. Due to some complications, Grizzly had to have one eye removed, but that hasn’t stopped him from loving splashes in the kiddie pool. While he would do best as the solo dog in a household, he could warm up to

More...
I put in an application a month ago to volunteer at this shelter. I received a call from Sumter County and asked for my Soc. Num and DOB because I had to be vetted for the position. I have a stellar record, not even a ticket and I love animals. I lost my dog to congestive heart failure on 9/1. I never heard back from them.
I would have even taken one in need of extra care home for a few days out of a kennel. So much for volunteering.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.