Thanked 3,743 Times in 1,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvac877 View Post
Thou shall not steal!!
Amen! πŸ™
Old 02-09-2024, 02:45 PM
Sage

Anyone in favor of "3 strikes, your out"? Yes, even for my bil who steals the French fries of my plate!
Old 02-09-2024, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Yeow! There are about a hundred or so replies to this, at least 90 of which would earn you an enforced "vacation" at the hands of the Thought Police!

Seriously though...while I agree strongly that people should not be stealing (and am very glad that the law enforcement in TV is so strongly proactive when it comes to enforcing anti-shoplifting laws), I seriously doubt that Wal-Mart will ever do more than it is doing right now. If they can make up the "shrinkage" shortfall by charging paying customers more, and as long as such theft is not affecting the bottom line, why should they?
They have closed stores in my home town when theft gets too high. Laying off hundreds of working people. Other stores then raise their prices due to no competition from Walmart. I know Walmart prosecutes in states where DA will prosecute. Shop lifting is not a harmless crime. Shop lifters need face plastered everywhere and jail time. If people need money to buy things they can get a job at Walmart. They are always hiring.
Old 02-10-2024, 11:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remembergoldenrule View Post
They have closed stores in my home town when theft gets too high. Laying off hundreds of working people. Other stores then raise their prices due to no competition from Walmart. I know Walmart prosecutes in states where DA will prosecute. Shop lifting is not a harmless crime. Shop lifters need face plastered everywhere and jail time. If people need money to buy things they can get a job at Walmart. They are always hiring.
My first choice in hiring is serial thieves. πŸ˜’
Old 02-11-2024, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,684 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remembergoldenrule View Post
They are that.

Interesting, though...Wal-mart loses more to employee theft than it does to shoplifters. This, from gitnux dot org...

Employee theft accounts for an estimated 43% of Walmart's inventory shrinkage. Shoplifting accounts for 36% of Walmart's inventory shrinkage. Vendor fraud accounts for 5.4% of Walmart's inventory shrinkage. In a recent study, Walmart's average shrink rate was considered β€œmedium” at 1.01%-1.99% of sales.

We rarely see articles in v i l l a g e s - n e w s (which publishes every negative thing about TV that they can find, chase down or dig up) about employee theft at the local Wal-Marts. They do publish the articles about shoplifting and shoplifters at Wal-Mart though. Does that mean that Wal-Marts in TV just take care of things internally when an employee is caught shoplifting? Or does it mean that the Wal-Marts here are just really really good at screening potential employees before they hire them?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.