Time remains to submit art for Spanish Springs poster contest

Old 03-25-2024, 06:20 PM
Editor
Default Time remains to submit art for Spanish Springs poster contest

There’s still time left to enter in the Spanish Springs Town Square’s 30th Anniversary poster competition. All artists and photographers of The Villages are welcome to submit an original piece by 5 p.m. on April 8 . The winning entry will be selected for a commemorative poster that may be used online and in print

More...
Old 03-26-2024, 07:35 AM
Default Poster contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post
There’s still time left to enter in the Spanish Springs Town Square’s 30th Anniversary poster competition. All artists and photographers of The Villages are welcome to submit an original piece by 5 p.m. on April 8 . The winning entry will be selected for a commemorative poster that may be used online and in print

More...
Glory? Is that in lieu of paying a commercial artist?
Old 03-26-2024, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

1. You give up all rights to your design and it becomes property of The Villages. That means - they don't even have to give you credit for it. No, no, a thousand times no. I like doing art for people but I'm not giving it to them without at least acknowledgement that I was the artist.

2. A poster celebrating the 30th anniversary - how, exactly? What information do they want on the poster? Will it be a specific event? A weekend of events? A year-long continuum of events? Will there be sidewalk sales to commemorate it? Will there be contests, jugglers, a parade? When? What time of day? Will the square be decorated? If so, will it be only the center with the fountains, or throughout the shopping/dining area? In other words - what do you want represented on this poster, other than "30 Year Anniversary?"

Sounds to me more like they're looking for free artwork that they can use however they see fit, and profit from it without even crediting the artist.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.