Best time to buy an electric golf cart?

Old 12-05-2023, 10:51 AM
Default Best time to buy an electric golf cart?

Hello! I will soon be in the market for an electric golf cart!
When is the best time of the year to get the BEST PRICE???

Old 12-05-2023, 11:11 AM

While I haven’t noticed any price variation over the calendar year, you should consider vendors both within The Villages and outside the bubble-such as Ocala, etc. Just be sure they will help you out on warranty issues. Have fun shopping!

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)

Old 12-05-2023, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,085 Times in 2,746 Posts

Highly doubtful price on 2024 model year will go anywhere but up, so might be best to get 2023 while still available.

Old 12-06-2023, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

Botero Carts just opened in September in Ocala. They are a family owned business that has had locations in NC, GA, and AZ for the last 5 years and have great online reviews. They carry Evolution carts, and provide full warranty support. You should check them out - Evolution carts are $5K-$10K less than comparable Yamaha, Club Car, or Star.

Unlike Villages Discount that used to carry Evolution (they don't anymore - and don't even honor their warranty), Botero carries ONLY Evolution - so they know how to work on them and are committed to the brand.

Old 12-06-2023, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

I agree with others that sooner is better than later since prices only seem to go up.

The available inventory *might* decrease as home sales increase. You might want to purchase in the winter to get ahead of a spring surge.

Definitely shop around and balance reliability and convenience against price. I know I paid a bit more but I believe I have a reliable cart with convenient support if I need it.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Old 12-06-2023, 08:15 AM

Historically the time of year when you can get a small discount is the change of model year for golf carts which is August-September.

Old 12-06-2023, 01:13 PM
Default China

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvshworles View Post
Hello! I will soon be in the market for an electric golf cart!
When is the best time of the year to get the BEST PRICE???
Have a look at the online resellers out of China I just noted a MMC Deluxe Edition Seat 72V Lithium Battery Solar Golf Carts 4 Seaters 7000W Off Road Street Legal Buggy Electric Golf Cart listed for $4685 free shipping to the USA.. I believe import duties are around 1% (I think) I’m willing to buy from China and pay half price myself..

Old 12-06-2023, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnlaura View Post
Have a look at the online resellers out of China I just noted a MMC Deluxe Edition Seat 72V Lithium Battery Solar Golf Carts 4 Seaters 7000W Off Road Street Legal Buggy Electric Golf Cart listed for $4685 free shipping to the USA.. I believe import duties are around 1% (I think) I’m willing to buy from China and pay half price myself..
A link would be nice. Since the cost of a 72V Lithium battery alone is about $4,000, something seems a little off.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Tags
electric, golf, cart, time, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.