High End gears installed

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2023, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinDream665 View Post
I've had this done on my fleet 2019 Yamaha. If you increase the governed speed and run it too long if will damage the governor. I got mine up too 19 mph but the rpm's were so high the rear end pressure relief hose was constantly leaking fluid. If you want the new gear installed dm me and I will send you the local guy I used. Good luck.
Rather than go to ALL that waste of time and money, I would put that money into a collectible automobile instead. Better for starting conversations than, "My golf cart can beat your golf cart by 4 MPH".
Old 09-19-2023, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGApromike View Post
I have a 2018 Yamaha Drive 2 fleet. The difference in fleet cart and a PTV is lights and gears. I want to get the high end gears in my fleet cart. I get 18mph and researched stock PTV gears will get me up to the 25mph area it 6-7 mph more. Gears new about $325. I don't have the tools to do it myself or I would.
If you've had this done, love to hear from you
Thanks
No shortage of OPINIONS. You should call the police, they used to likely still do a question and answer presentation at Savanna center-once a month.

The speed limit is 20 mph faster and it needs plates and insurance.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I completely don't UNDERSTAND why The Villages does NOT Police the golf carts speed enough so that everyone is doing around 15 MPH. Allowing some people to have faster golf carts is just asking for EXCESSIVE passing and therefore ACCIDENTS. We are all retired here........what is the hurry.........some people get to the swimming pool faster so that they get more suntan and skin cancer. They end up walking sideways in the pool anyway.
......... Golf carts have high centers of gravity (maybe not the E-carts) and when you increase their top speed you increase the likelihood of a rollover. They are designed to go SLOW on purpose.
PTVs are designed to go faster ON PURPOSE...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-20-2023, 06:54 AM

With the taller gears, 205 65 10 tires and a govenor adjustment the top speed was 29 to 30.
Closed Thread

Tags
gears, fleet, high, end, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.