USB for club car Precedent

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2023, 07:37 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default USB for club car Precedent

looking for someone to install USB in gas club car Precedent . jedalton@gmail.com
Old 11-30-2023, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

If you have an existing "cigarette" lighter, there are adapters that just plug in. If you do not have one of these, the USB power adapters are available online, and possibly at local golf cart stores. These require a 2 wire connection to the +12v and negative power from the battery. I would advise using a separate (aka new) FUSED power supply directly from the battery. If you tap the existing 12v supply in the dash area, you will be putting additional load on the master fuse, and I have send this fuse blow due to the extra load. The cart will not run or start if the master fuse blows.
These parts should be in the $10 to $15 range and take about 30 minutes or less to install a fuse, some cable, and the power adapter.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:54 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default do you know who can install this for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
If you have an existing "cigarette" lighter, there are adapters that just plug in. If you do not have one of these, the USB power adapters are available online, and possibly at local golf cart stores. These require a 2 wire connection to the +12v and negative power from the battery. I would advise using a separate (aka new) FUSED power supply directly from the battery. If you tap the existing 12v supply in the dash area, you will be putting additional load on the master fuse, and I have send this fuse blow due to the extra load. The cart will not run or start if the master fuse blows.
These parts should be in the $10 to $15 range and take about 30 minutes or less to install a fuse, some cable, and the power adapter.
do you know who can install this for me
Old 11-30-2023, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
Look in the classifieds. There's a guy named Ron who does this as a side gig...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-30-2023, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
I tend to do all of my own work, I see someone already made a suggestion, if that does not workout, send me a PM and I can probably do the installation, but I need some additional info.
Old 11-30-2023, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Another option that would be much simpler and less expensive would be to get a rechargeable power brick and keep it in the cart for when you need a quick charge.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:52 AM

Todd Casey Golf Carts…comes to your home for work!
Old 12-02-2023, 01:17 PM
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Thank you! You are always so helpful with the posts. I appreciate you.
Closed Thread

Tags
usb, club, car, precedent, install

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.