How do I repair turn signal self-cancelling on 2022 Star?

Old 04-09-2024, 07:39 AM
Default How do I repair turn signal self-cancelling on 2022 Star?

Currently it only cancels in one direction. The first time it happened, it was under a year old and the dealer serviced it for free.

I did not find anything of google/youtube search.

EDIT:
Thanks to @vwdavis for pointing me in the right direction.

It is very curious that this post was in the Golf Car Directory, rather than the Golf Car Repair and Service topics.

Last edited by FredMitchell; 04-10-2024 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Edited for problem resolved.
Old 04-09-2024, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,171 Times in 2,260 Posts

If (big if) these are like the electronic modules used on Yamaha golf carts, these are NOT repairable. If you have RHOX turn signal stalk and RHOX cable assembly, you MAY be able to purchase an after market plug in module. Otherwise to only other option I have found is the Signal Dynamics modules (here is one supplier, but they have other options), Signal Dynamics Self Canceling Turn Signal Module - RevZilla
these are motorcycle turn signals, and care needs to be taken to make sure the existing turn signal switch is compatible with the proposed module.
I have done some research on this for both myself and neighbors, and it appears that several of the golf cart suppliers use CUSTOM modules that are not available online.
Hope this helps, send me a PM if you would like to discuss further.
Old 04-09-2024, 01:52 PM

The Star Sirius turn signals are mechanical much like a car. Probably have spring return trip levers. I suggest removing the screws in the bottom of the console containing the turn signal lever, the key switch and the back up camera and having a look.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:35 AM

Turn Signal & Light Combination Switch for Star Classic Golf Carts 2010+ https://a.co/d/1ZUL9V1

Depending on year and model this might be what you need.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwdavis View Post
The Star Sirius turn signals are mechanical much like a car. Probably have spring return trip levers. I suggest removing the screws in the bottom of the console containing the turn signal lever, the key switch and the back up camera and having a look.
Thank you. You were right. I had to remove the top and bottom of the console and remove the turn signal assembly to see that, in fact, there are two white plastic levers involved, one of which is sprung and the other is not.

Perhaps this assembly has a mean time to failure of one year! Will contact Village Golf Cars to see if it is warranteed.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,099 Times in 2,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredMitchell View Post
Thank you. You were right. I had to remove the top and bottom of the console and remove the turn signal assembly to see that, in fact, there are two white plastic levers involved, one of which is sprung and the other is not.

Perhaps this assembly has a mean time to failure of one year! Will contact Village Golf Cars to see if it is warranteed.
Whatever you do, don’t tell Village’s Golf Carts that you tinkered with the assembly or they will use that as an excuse to void the warranty. I bought a battery from them and they wouldn’t honor the warranty because I installed it myself. They will never again see any business from me.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:11 AM
Default Turn signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredMitchell View Post
Currently it only cancels in one direction. The first time it happened, it was under a year old and the dealer serviced it for free.

I did not find anything of google/youtube search.

EDIT:
Thanks to @vwdavis for pointing me in the right direction.

It is very curious that this post was in the Golf Car Directory, rather than the Golf Car Repair and Service topics.
Had something similar happen on Yamaha Quiet tech 2. The wires get “pinched “ . Blew the module and only place that had module was The Villages Golf cart . None of the Independent repair guys can get their hands on them. Was not a cheap fix ($350). They put new mirrors on with a better design so hopefully doesn’t happen again . Don’t bump people’s mirrors when walking around golf carts that’s when it happens.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:00 AM

Batteries warranty will always be void if you install yourself from any service place. How can they know if you crossed the terminals? If you buy from shelf of auto parts store or Amazon they might have a warranty. Blaming a service establishment for a not honoring a self installed battery is just wrong.
Old 04-12-2024, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy o View Post
Batteries warranty will always be void if you install yourself from any service place. How can they know if you crossed the terminals? If you buy from shelf of auto parts store or Amazon they might have a warranty. Blaming a service establishment for a not honoring a self installed battery is just wrong.
Buy a battery at Walmart, put it in yourself, and warranty is not void

Tags
year, dealer, serviced, free, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.