Lose Gas and Choose Lithium, with Evolution Electric Vehicles

Old 03-19-2024, 09:58 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Lose Gas and Choose Lithium, with Evolution Electric Vehicles

We have had numerous positive reviews from Villagers that purchased the Evolution D5 Ranger with the 205 AH Battery. Reports of 70 + miles per charge. Evolution has stepped up their game with an 8 year lithium battery warranty. We are located at 4707 County Road 156, units 306 & 307 in Wildwood. Come take a test drive and you will understand what the fuss is about.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9465.jpg
Views:	1924
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	103398   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9459.jpg
Views:	1889
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	103399   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9455.jpg
Views:	1885
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	103400   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9461.jpg
Views:	1901
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	103401   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9471.jpg
Views:	1898
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	103402  

Old 03-19-2024, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Is that 8 year limited battery warranty or full 100% no questions asked it my miles per watt/charge falls off?
Old 03-19-2024, 10:52 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Is that 8 year limited battery warranty or full 100% no questions asked it my miles per watt/charge falls off?
This is the first shipment we've received with the new 8 year warranty. The previous 5 year warranty had zero restrictions and was not limited. I will get more information from Evolution and let you know.
Old 03-19-2024, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
The Star cart battery warranty wasn't very clear and was not transferable. I'm curious how evolution works too.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:32 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
The Star cart battery warranty wasn't very clear and was not transferable. I'm curious how evolution works too.
Mr. Smith I will definitely find out for you soon. I’m waiting on something in writing. Pro-rated or not, the extra 3 years is a positive.
Old 03-20-2024, 06:51 AM

I purchased my Evolution a couple of years back at Villages Discount Golf Cart. They no longer sell Evolution. I don't have a need right now, but will you perform warranty work on the battery and BDS systems? Also, will you set the speed up to 24 MPH? I have a friend with a Star cart that he bought from the Villages Golf Cart store, and they did that for him. Originally delivered at 20 MPH. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-20-2024, 07:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlebasset View Post
I purchased my Evolution a couple of years back at Villages Discount Golf Cart. They no longer sell Evolution. I don't have a need right now, but will you perform warranty work on the battery and BDS systems? Also, will you set the speed up to 24 MPH? I have a friend with a Star cart that he bought from the Villages Golf Cart store, and they did that for him. Originally delivered at 20 MPH. Thanks in advance!
I'll be curious what the answer is.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Evo.jpg
Views:	1225
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	103425  
Old 03-20-2024, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I'll be curious what the answer is.
Just another reason to buy a Yamaha Quiet Tech which rides and handles more like a car and gets 250 miles per tank. Yamaha motor lasts over 20 years. Parts and Service available nationwide. Peace of mind.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenCreekGolfCarts View Post
Reports of 70 + miles per charge.
I have an Evolution D5 Ranger 4 with the 205ah battery. I am closing in on 1,000 miles with zero issues. While the range is great, anyone that says they're getting 70+ miles is exaggerating. The cart is very consistent at 7 miles per 10% charge. allowing for not taking the battery below 10%, that would give a max range of 63 miles.

I live as far North in The Villages as you can get - just off hwy 42 in Phillips Villas. I have driven my cart to Southern Oaks, played 18 and after returning, my battery was at 25%.

I would rather have folks have a reasonable expectation as to real life battery range.

One other very important point. The D5 Ranger with the stock 225/55r14 tires will not pass under 4 of The Villages tunnels. It's too tall. The single worst tunnel in The Villages is the Saddlebrook tunnel. I had my tires replaced with 205/45r12 tires, and that allows to cart to get under all tunnels in The Villages. Simply replacing with the stock 215/35r14 tires from the Classic cart does not lower it enough to get under the Saddlebrook tunnel. The other benefit to the smaller tires is greater range. Every 3" in diameter reduction results in a 10% increase in range. This is documented in testing conducted by Tesla. The actual range of a D5 Ranger with 205ah battery and stock tires is more likely to be in the high 50's.

Now that that's out of the way, the cart itself is outstanding. I love everything about it!
Old 03-20-2024, 07:57 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlebasset View Post
It is possible to increase the speed below 25 without voiding the warranty. It depends on which controller you have as well. Some of the older Curtis controllers max out at 20 mph.

Yes we will cover the parts for your battery/BMS warranties.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:04 AM
Thumbs down another ADVERTISEMENT

seems like this should be a paid advertisement - somewhere else
Old 03-20-2024, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
I have an Evolution D5 Ranger 4 with the 205ah battery. I am closing in on 1,000 miles with zero issues. While the range is great, anyone that says they're getting 70+ miles is exaggerating. The cart is very consistent at 7 miles per 10% charge. allowing for not taking the battery below 10%, that would give a max range of 63 miles.

I live as far North in The Villages as you can get - just off hwy 42 in Phillips Villas. I have driven my cart to Southern Oaks, played 18 and after returning, my battery was at 25%.

I would rather have folks have a reasonable expectation as to real life battery range.

One other very important point. The D5 Ranger with the stock 225/55r14 tires will not pass under 4 of The Villages tunnels. It's too tall. The single worst tunnel in The Villages is the Saddlebrook tunnel. I had my tires replaced with 205/45r12 tires, and that allows to cart to get under all tunnels in The Villages. Simply replacing with the stock 215/35r14 tires from the Classic cart does not lower it enough to get under the Saddlebrook tunnel. The other benefit to the smaller tires is greater range. Every 3" in diameter reduction results in a 10% increase in range. This is documented in testing conducted by Tesla. The actual range of a D5 Ranger with 205ah battery and stock tires is more likely to be in the high 50's.

Now that that's out of the way, the cart itself is outstanding. I love everything about it!
Are you using the speedometer for your calculations or a gps? Changing the tire size would require a speedometer adjustment to be accurate for speed or distance. Mine is all stock, I get 6 miles per 10% of SOC, I get that info from watching as I drive and it seems to click off pretty consistently. That said my longest run was 63 miles and I had 10% remaining so that kinda shoots holes in my 6 miles per 10% of battery charge. I'm not sure how accurate the gauges are, SOC, speed or distance.

Changing the tire diameter impacts efficiency during acceleration therefore better battery mileage, you also reduce your unsprung weight by having smaller tires which also improves efficiency and handling. On the other side a smaller tire is a bit rougher ride and reduces gearing therefore top speed (which you could fix via controller adjustment).

We really enjoy the cart so far. This is my first EV of any kind so its a nice way to dip your toe in before the world forces you into it fully. My only criticism is the sound/light bar, I'm not too worried about the sound but I'd much rather have turn and stop lights on teh back of the bar rather than disco lights or a red strip.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:17 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post

Thank you for the response. I would love to take a poll from the current D5 owners so future D5 owners will know what to reasonably expect.
Here is a quote from one of my customers. Mr. Smith posted this on a thread a few days ago.

“I got a 2024 baby blue Ranger with the 205 amp hour battery and love it. We are getting 65 miles to a charge with 10/15% battery remaining.”

Getting 70 miles is doable and can happen but like you, I would advise not drive it down less than 10% or they might get stranded, or they might make it, why gamble though.

I think a poll from current D5 owners will help us all determine to realistically expect for range on the 205.

We have sold quite a few in the villages with two customers coming back asking us to lower their tops. We can lower the top 2.5 inches. We have not heard back from those customers saying it is not low enough.
I would love to hear from any D5 owner about their tunnel experiences, it will help us all.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillarick View Post
Where do you suggest?
Old 03-20-2024, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillarick View Post
This advertiser forum looks like exactly the right place for a message from a ToTV advertiser.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Tags
evolution, lithium, battery, county, units

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.