Lose Gas and Choose Lithium, with Evolution Electric Vehicles

Old 03-21-2024, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge-pigeons View Post
What happens when I run the cart dry on power? How many charging stations do you have to charge it up so I can make it home? Gas carts, I can get a gallon of gas from many gas stations in TV to make it to a station to fill it up.
Also, what is your mileage when the batteries are 5-8 years old? I can tell you it’s going to be less than what you have when new.
In 8 years, it’s going to cost many thousands of dollars to replace the lithium batteries. With a gas cart, you’ll be changing your oil and oil filter.
And don't forget, drive belts, clutches and other mechanical parts that fail. I get what you're saying, I believe it's cheaper to maintain a gas cart than to buy a $4,000 battery. But I am still not sold on gas being better.
Old 03-21-2024, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold.wiser View Post
Agreed! I'm very happy with mine and go 5.5 weeks between fill-ups. No range anxiety, costly battery replacement or fire risk in my garage.
As a lithium electric cart owner, I do worry about the fire risk. I have seen online a couple of bad situations!
Old 03-21-2024, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
The batteries in lithium powered golf carts operate the same way as they do in a Tesla. It's not just one big battery, it's a series of cells working in unison. As far as lifetime charging cycles according to STAR EV their battery is good for 3000+ cycles. If you charged your battery every single day you would get 8.2 years out of it. (3,000 divided by 365=8.2)
How much does a new battery cost?
Old 03-21-2024, 08:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,224 Times in 801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyLee View Post
I have an electric cart now, but I want to know about the evolution cart, is will the parts be available when they become necessary to replace. I have read a lot about Chinese carts, getting parts for them sometimes can be a nightmare compared to the big three. I really like this evolution cart, but I'm a little leery about longevity. How long have you sold these carts? How long will you sell these carts? I believe the parent company is hdk? How long will they be around, and how long will they honor the warranty? What if they decide to stop selling or go out of business? I like the price of the evolution compared to the big three, I'm just worried about longevity and parts availability.
Personally, I have a Star cart, so I don't much about the Evolution, other than I wasn't impressed with it, when I looked at them.

Star is part of JH Global Services, a huge company that's been around for a while. If you look at the wheels on most every Yamaha golf cart in TV, you'll see the "JH Logo" on the center hub. Many of the accessories (flip rear seats, etc.) on Yamahas & EZGo, come from JH Global.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat2015 View Post
No one really knows since no one has had to buy one. Ask again in another eight years and maybe there will be an answer.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-21-2024, 09:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Who cares? Do you buy the cheapest car available or something that you like to drive?
Old 03-21-2024, 09:55 AM

Ford or Chevy, apples or oranges. Remember if driving a great distance away, then it is the same distance back! Ten to, then Ten back!
Old 03-21-2024, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Who cares? Do you buy the cheapest car available or something that you like to drive?
Who cares? I care as I’d like to know if it’s $4,000 or more to replace it. What’s the value of it when the battery goes vs the value of a gas cart in 8 years? Also, What if you don’t have $4k plus to replace it? At that point you no longer have a cart and I’d think the value is zero!
Old 03-21-2024, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
And to clarify, smaller tires do not necessarily mean rougher ride. It's all about the amount of sidewall on the tire. If you have less sidewall, the ride will be rougher, if you have more, it will feel cushier. So you can go to a smaller rim, have the same amount of sidewall, yet smaller diameter tires and still get the same ride with a lower cart and more range.
I agree, if you maintain or increase the amount of sidewall the ride would be equal or better (all other things equal). A tall compliant sidewall is a softer ride than a short stiff sidewall. Based on the tire sizes you mentioned earlier you went from a sidewall height of 4.87" to 3.63". You reduced your sidewall height by 1.2", that decrease in sidewall shouldn't make your ride a lot worse but certainly some.

When I was speaking about the ride I was not considering sidewall height as much as the impact the shorter circumference has on the ability of the tire to overcome obstacles in its path (cracks or bumps in the pavement). A larger circumference has lower rolling resistance therefore requires less force to overcome obstacles and the obstacle has a lower impact on ride quality. Consider pushing a shopping cart across a parking lot, a crack in the pavement is a significant bump, if the caster were larger going over that crack would require less force to overcome and the impact on the smoothness of the ride would be less. There is a bunch of boring physics that explains this in detail but who wants to discuss physics?

In the end wheel and tire sizes are a huge compromise with a considerable body of science at work. Weight, height, rolling resistance vs acceleration/braking efficiency, comfort vs performance and a bevy of other parameters come into play to get it right for the particular application.

If my math is right (and that's a big if) you went from an overall tire height of 23.75" to 19.26" for a 4.48" overall height reduction (this would be 2.24" reduction in the height of the cart since you only get the benefit of the portion below the centerline). If that 2.24" lowered your cart enough to get you through the tunnels I'd say you accomplished your objective.
Old 03-21-2024, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenCreekGolfCarts View Post
We have had numerous positive reviews from Villagers that purchased the Evolution D5 Ranger with the 205 AH Battery. Reports of 70 + miles per charge. Evolution has stepped up their game with an 8 year lithium battery warranty. We are located at 4707 County Road 156, units 306 & 307 in Wildwood. Come take a test drive and you will understand what the fuss is about.
Looking pretty good. Can I get the body lowered for a lower center of gravity?
Old 03-21-2024, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
Just another reason to buy a Yamaha Quiet Tech which rides and handles more like a car and gets 250 miles per tank. Yamaha motor lasts over 20 years. Parts and Service available nationwide. Peace of mind.
The idea is that gas golf carts POLLUTE and E-cart do NOT. CO2 pollution lwads to global warming.
Old 03-21-2024, 12:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Some folks are interested in moving to 21st Century technology, rather than being mired in the 1990's.

Add in the noise, smell, inconvenience and hot butts from gas carts, it's no surprise Electric Carts outsell Gasoline carts, by a 4:1 margin.
I believe you about the 4 to 1 margin nationwide. But, then why are there so many NASTY GAS CARTS (NGC's) here in TV Land.
Old 03-21-2024, 01:20 PM
Sage

Those who are not technically astute make this false statement quite often. There is no black and white here, only gray. 60% of electricity in the US is generated with fossil fuels. Unless you have solar panels on your roof (which took a significant amount of fossil fuels to manufacture in China and transport to the US via diesel container ships) you are burning fossil fuels to recharge the batteries. "NOT" polute is simply incorrect. The majority of lithium-ion batteries are manufactured in China and arrive in the US via diesel powered container ships. Significant amounts of fossil fuels are required in nearly every aspect of manufacturing and transportation. As I recall, you don't even own a golf cart. Do you own a electric car? Do you have solar panels on your roof? Do you buy consumer items from overseas? Do you fly anywhere? All of these things/actions use energy provided by fossil fuels. Unless you are going to live off the grid in a hand made cabin and eschew all consumer items, you will use a lot of fossil fuel based energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The idea is that gas golf carts POLLUTE and E-cart do NOT. CO2 pollution lwads to global warming.

Last edited by biker1; 03-21-2024 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2024, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,373 Times in 4,363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Good thing there is no pollution involved in mining for lithium and producing the batteries...

Wait...What?

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 03-21-2024 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2024, 04:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Who cares? I care as I’d like to know if it’s $4,000 or more to replace it. What’s the value of it when the battery goes vs the value of a gas cart in 8 years? Also, What if you don’t have $4k plus to replace it? At that point you no longer have a cart and I’d think the value is zero!
If you don't have 4K to replace it, you can endure 8 miserable years driving a gas cart.

Tags
evolution, lithium, battery, county, units

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.