Lose Gas and Choose Lithium, with Evolution Electric Vehicles

Old 03-21-2024, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,408 Times in 4,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I believe you about the 4 to 1 margin nationwide. But, then why are there so many NASTY GAS CARTS (NGC's) here in TV Land.
Because most of the electric carts sold in this country are sold as golf course/country club fleets. Places that may not want the hassle of maintaining a large gas storage facility...

-Tom Petty

Old 03-21-2024, 04:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
If you don't have 4K to replace it, you can endure 8 miserable years driving a gas cart.
I'm 3 years into my Gas Yamaha... Still pretty damn happy with it...

-Tom Petty

Old 03-21-2024, 04:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Those who are not technically astute make this false statement quite often. There is no black and white here, only gray. 60% of electricity in the US is generated with fossil fuels. Unless you have solar panels on your roof (which took a significant amount of fossil fuels to manufacture in China and transport to the US via diesel container ships) you are burning fossil fuels to recharge the batteries. "NOT" polute is simply incorrect. The majority of lithium-ion batteries are manufactured in China and arrive in the US via diesel powered container ships. Significant amounts of fossil fuels are required in nearly every aspect of manufacturing and transportation. As I recall, you don't even own a golf cart. Do you own a electric car? Do you have solar panels on your roof? Do you buy consumer items from overseas? Do you fly anywhere? All of these things/actions use energy provided by fossil fuels. Unless you are going to live off the grid in a hand made cabin and eschew all consumer items, you will use a lot of fossil fuel based energy.
You are correct. He admitted he does not have a golf cart, nor does he drive an EV...

He just likes lecturing others, rather than actually walking the walk...

-Tom Petty

Old 03-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,543 Times in 2,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I'm 3 years into my Gas Yamaha... Still pretty damn happy with it...
Gas or electric - both are very good. Shame that some feel the need to criticize others for their choices

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Old 03-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Gas or electric - both are very good. Shame that some feel the need to criticize others for their choices
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty

Old 03-21-2024, 07:54 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyLee View Post
I have an electric cart now, but I want to know about the evolution cart, is will the parts be available when they become necessary to replace. I have read a lot about Chinese carts, getting parts for them sometimes can be a nightmare compared to the big three. I really like this evolution cart, but I'm a little leery about longevity. How long have you sold these carts? How long will you sell these carts? I believe the parent company is hdk? How long will they be around, and how long will they honor the warranty? What if they decide to stop selling or go out of business? I like the price of the evolution compared to the big three, I'm just worried about longevity and parts availability.
Ricky these are great questions.
We became an Evolution dealer November of 2022. We’ve sold 4 times the amount of Evolutions than any other new cart, with less problems and less red tape. We will sell them until I retire if I’m fortunate enough to do so.
Parts - This is where a great dealer comes into play. Most all parts are in stock at one of three Evolution assembly facilities (Orlando, Texas and California). It will take 2-4 weeks to get most parts. Sometimes longer. We stock thousands of dollars of parts between our 4 locations but if we do not have the part you need, we will remove it off of a new cart and get your cart back in a day or two. Some dealers cannot afford or choose not to do that. We will wait for the warranty part to arrive, not you.
-HDK has been in business since 2006, HDK is Evolution in America. I feel you could ask the question of whether or not a company closes with any product, in any country. I’ve been in this business for 20 years and I’m confident Evolution is here to stay. I’m an authorized Club Car dealer as well and I’ll tell you that Evolution has made great strides to keep up, which is more than any other import company. Evolution has sold more new retail carts than any other manufacturer. They are the only import with no middle man. Icon, advanced Ev and every other import has a middle man taking his/her cut and then selling to me. Evolution planted roots and hired its own employees and then sells to us. That saves you and me thousands. If you have the time, come see this cart and meet me in person, I’ll answer any question you have and if I don’t know, I’ll find out.

Old 03-21-2024, 08:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,225 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
The idea is that gas golf carts POLLUTE and E-cart do NOT. CO2 pollution lwads to global warming.

Are you smellin' the fumes again?

Don't buy an electric cart because it means "less pollution" that's a fool's argument.

Buy one because it's "cleaner" for you, personally. No smells, no fumes, no rattles, just smooth driving.

Plenty of "pollution" went into building and bringing that Electric Cart to your door and there's plenty of pollution left to come, when you charge it up. Do it for yourself, not to save the world. For your own personal comfort and convenience. You'll be glad you did!

Last edited by BrianL99; 03-21-2024 at 08:27 PM.

Old 03-21-2024, 08:36 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold.wiser View Post
Agreed! I'm very happy with mine and go 5.5 weeks between fill-ups. No range anxiety, costly battery replacement or fire risk in my garage.
There is a better chance of a gas cart catching fire than a lithium golf cart. Remember we are talking carts, not cars.
LiFePO4 is made from lithium iron phosphate, not Lithium Ion. Tesla switched to LiFeP04 on some of their models a few years ago. Early in the lithium days there were a few fires that have been attributed to improper installation or electrical. There are hundreds of thousands of lithium carts in America at the moment. I love the gas Yamaha QuieTech, I have owned and sold quite a few over the years. You cannot go wrong with either Yamaha gas or Evolution. It’s all personal preference and education.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenCreekGolfCarts View Post
This is the first shipment we've received with the new 8 year warranty. The previous 5 year warranty had zero restrictions and was not limited. I will get more information from Evolution and let you know.
This is an article by Hidden Creek Golf Carts......so MAYBE(?) they could tell me WHY there is NOT a rule that ONLY electrical golf carts be sold in The Villages. Most other large retirement communities REQUIRE Electric Golf Carts. I am tired of smelling the gasoline exhaust of the average Villages golf cart when they go by me. Also, I was at a softball game and the NOISE from the grass cutters and grass blowers was DEAFENING. They could EASILY BE REQUIRED to use battery operated lawn equipment.
.........I and many other Villages are tired of the excessive NOISE. NOISE is mentally irritating and NOT healthy.
.........So, I solute YOUR idea of getting MORE quiet, non-smelling golf carts into the hands of Villagers.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,225 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
This is an article by Hidden Creek Golf Carts......so MAYBE(?) they could tell me WHY there is NOT a rule that ONLY electrical golf carts be sold in The Villages. Most other large retirement communities REQUIRE Electric Golf Carts.
Because when TV was originally designed, electric carts were incapable of providing the necessary range and dependability needed for day to day transportation in The Villages.

That began to change 20 years ago and especially in the last 5 years.

Telling 100,000 people they could no longer use their (already owned) ICE golf carts, wasn't a practical option.

Here's hope that when people replace their existing, obsolete gas carts, they'll buy electric ... it won't be long before new gas powered carts simply aren't available any longer.

Old 03-22-2024, 03:38 PM
Sage

There is also the little issue of exactly who is going to put a statute in place to exclude gas golf carts. Since golf carts are used on both the CDD controlled MMPs and the county controlled roads, I don't see a clear path for that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Because when TV was originally designed, electric carts were incapable of providing the necessary range and dependability needed for day to day transportation in The Villages.

That began to change 20 years ago and especially in the last 5 years.

Telling 100,000 people they could no longer use their (already owned) ICE golf carts, wasn't a practical option.

Here's hope that when people replace their existing, obsolete gas carts, they'll buy electric ... it won't be long before new gas powered carts simply aren't available any longer.

Old 03-22-2024, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,711 Times in 3,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyLee View Post
And don't forget, drive belts, clutches and other mechanical parts that fail. I get what you're saying, I believe it's cheaper to maintain a gas cart than to buy a $4,000 battery. But I am still not sold on gas being better.
For me the #1 mark in the "pro" box (vs. the "con" box) is convenience. My gas cart can go around 150 miles before I have to replenish the fuel source. I never have to worry about a power outage running interference on my cart being capable of going anywhere the next day. We don't get tornadoes or hurricanes that knock out the power for days, much. But when we do - it's good to know that my vehicles will still run once they clear the neighbor's palm tree off the road.

Old 03-22-2024, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,453 Times in 2,432 Posts

Quote:
This is an article by Hidden Creek Golf Carts......so MAYBE(?) they could tell me WHY there is NOT a rule that ONLY electrical golf carts be sold in The Villages. Most other large retirement communities REQUIRE Electric Golf Carts. I am tired of smelling the gasoline exhaust of the average Villages golf cart when they go by me. Also, I was at a softball game and the NOISE from the grass cutters and grass blowers was DEAFENING. They could EASILY BE REQUIRED to use battery operated lawn equipment.
.........I and many other Villages are tired of the excessive NOISE. NOISE is mentally irritating and NOT healthy.
.........So, I solute YOUR idea of getting MORE quiet, non-smelling golf carts into the hands of Villagers.
How could they answer this question?

Old 03-22-2024, 04:58 PM
Gold member

If you are over 14 years old and actually "think" that CO2 is a pollutant and contributes to climate change, then there is no helping you. This is literally grade school science. FYI - There is no CO2 layer in the stratosphere because CO2 is heavier than N2 and O2. CO2 sinks to the ground where plants can breath it in and exhale O2. The ocean is 7% CO2...This is 6th grade stuff! CO2 is literally plant food. Dd you really "think" plant food is a pollutant?

LiFePO batteries are safer and more durable than the ternary battery chemistries. Tesla model 3 and Y standard range uses LFP and theie long range use ternary.

FYI - EZGO has sold over 200,000 lithium carts. Anyone want to research battery problems or fire with these carts?

Old 03-22-2024, 07:37 PM
Sage

Wrong. The atmosphere is very turbulent and CO2 is well mixed vertically; there is essentially no stratification of the gasses due to molecular weight. This is pretty basic stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
If you are over 14 years old and actually "think" that CO2 is a pollutant and contributes to climate change, then there is no helping you. This is literally grade school science. FYI - There is no CO2 layer in the stratosphere because CO2 is heavier than N2 and O2. CO2 sinks to the ground where plants can breath it in and exhale O2. The ocean is 7% CO2...This is 6th grade stuff! CO2 is literally plant food. Dd you really "think" plant food is a pollutant?

LiFePO batteries are safer and more durable than the ternary battery chemistries. Tesla model 3 and Y standard range uses LFP and theie long range use ternary.

FYI - EZGO has sold over 200,000 lithium carts. Anyone want to research battery problems or fire with these carts?

Tags
evolution, lithium, battery, county, units

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.