1 person hitting multiple balls

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Veteran member

And I thought 8 ball was a game played on a pool table!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:56 PM

If you play behind WalMart on rt466 you can hit 40 balls and you don't even have to pick them up!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
It happened again tonight. El Diablo golf course and it's 5:15 and I tee off. I get to the 2nd hole and a man is on the tee with 8 balls teed up and hitting them. I sat and sat as I watched his balls go every which way. When he finished I pulled up and told him I'm passing him to the next hole and then told him 8 balls is ridiculas. He didn't even bat an eye. Unbelievable! Some of these old geezers think they deserve it. BULL!
Was the Starter Shack closed at 5:15? Was he playing all eight balls, or was he having a game of Best Ball with himself?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Was the Starter Shack closed at 5:15? Was he playing all eight balls, or was he having a game of Best Ball with himself?
Hmmmmm.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
It happened again tonight. El Diablo golf course and it's 5:15 and I tee off. I get to the 2nd hole and a man is on the tee with 8 balls teed up and hitting them. I sat and sat as I watched his balls go every which way. When he finished I pulled up and told him I'm passing him to the next hole and then told him 8 balls is ridiculas. He didn't even bat an eye. Unbelievable! Some of these old geezers think they deserve it. BULL!
Please tell me/us exactly what you think you will accomplish by telling us? TELL THE COURSE STAFF

Last edited by Moderator; 03-05-2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: edited out comments directed at the O.P.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Rubicon.

If this happens again, just call the girls posse and we will handle it.
Call 1-800-SQUIRT.
Wazzamatta him?

How was that for a girl from Ohio and German descent?
Gracie you are a scream!!! Loved this.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Sage

If this was 5:15, the course was still open and the old dude should not have been playing 8 balls.

You passed him and played on. It was a little annoying to you but was any real harm done?

You could have been a hard nose and gone back to the starter shack and "reported him" or called the starter shack on your cell phone - the Ambassador would have just told him not to do it.

My advice - Relax, you hopefully will have thousands more golfing days in The Villages. Enjoy yourself and let others enjoy themselves.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
If this was 5:15, the course was still open and the old dude should not have been playing 8 balls.

You passed him and played on. It was a little annoying to you but was any real harm done?

You could have been a hard nose and gone back to the starter shack and "reported him" or called the starter shack on your cell phone - the Ambassador would have just told him not to do it.

My advice - Relax, you hopefully will have thousands more golfing days in The Villages. Enjoy yourself and let others enjoy themselves.
What you are saying is true. But, with all the posts about ball marks and divots, what he was doing is contributing to the deterioration of the course conditions. By playing 8 balls, he was doing as much damage as two foursomes. Not to mention the fact that practice on the courses is prohibited. No one is going to complain if someone re-tries a shot, or takes a mulligan once in a while, but playing multiple balls every hole is not acceptable and I would not consider someone who reports it a "hard nose"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.